VuFind® 9.0 Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VuFind® 9.0 Released
Villanova, Pennsylvania - April 24, 2023 - Version 9.0 of the VuFind® Open Source discovery software has just been released. This adds several new features and integrations along with fixes to minor bugs and improvements to translations, compatibility and accessibility.
Some key additions and changes:
- A new “blended search” feature allows search results from multiple sources to be searched and filtered as part of a single result list.
- A cookie consent dialog can now be optionally enabled.
- User-submitted star ratings on records can now be optionally enabled.
- New security features, including time/frequency-based action limiting, configurable username policies, and stricter control over Integrated Library System login have been added.
- User feedback form responses can now be optionally stored in a database and administered through VuFind®'s admin module.
- Several integrations with external systems and services have been added or updated, including support for displaying Koha local cover images, tracking behavior with Google Tag Manager or Google Analytics 4, and presenting retraction notices provided by BrowZine.
Questions about the new release or VuFind® in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at https://vufind.org.
Falvey Memorial Library
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085