Table of Contents
PMC Meeting: December 13, 2021
Attending: Oliver Goldschmidt, Leila Gonzales, Demian Katz, André Lahmann, Ere Maijala, Mohan Raj Pradhan, Hajo Seng
Apologies: Chris Hallberg, Craig Murdoch, Leander Seige
1. Review of Action Items from Previous Meeting
2. User Needs Assessment Survey
Leila and Demian shared the survey last month; 49 full responses were received, and a summary will be sent around soon (by end of week).
3. Outreach Opportunity: WOLFcon 2022
WOLFcon 2022 will be held in Germany. Hajo has volunteered to participate in the planning process.
André pointed out that dates for WOLFcon may be close to the usual Summit time; we should consider joining the events if practical.
4. Improve VuFind Installation List
Brainstorming from last time:
- KOHA has opt-in for sharing information about the installation (https://hea.koha-community.org/)
- Adding to installation seems like a good idea
- An optional registration step on install/upgrade
- Scrape-able tag
- General information: version, ILS, institution type, repository size, user count, configuration
- An online form perhaps?
We should discuss and determine next steps.
Proposal: set up feedback form in VuFind demo instance on vufind.org; point form to vufind-admins mailing list for manual transcription into wiki. Link to this from the installer screens. (Demian will do this).
4. Possible Future Actions
Some other possible items for the future:
- Develop a fundraising communication plan - after February resource planning
- Discuss a strategy for approaching VuFind services vendors (both for funding support and trademark compliance)
- Develop a documentation maintenance plan
- Investigate Dokuwiki enhancements (“old page” alerts, “page ownership” mechanism)
- Community Call restructuring / marketing
- “Good first issue” highlighting
- Outreach to forks for new feature contributions
- Marketing project (better VuFind definition, website improvements, etc.)
- Publication / presentation efforts related to PMC and sustainability
- NEW: Look at It Take a Village Toolkit Technology Activities.
Next action for Demian: share information on vufind.org web analytics so far.
André completed his outstanding pull request review immediately following the meeting.
6. OLF Update
Significant progress is being made, though the process is still underway. Hopefully we will have a resolution soon.
7. Release Planning
JIRA has been updated with new ideas from the Summit. Major projects: Doctrine migration (target: 9.0), new theme development (target: 9.0, with 8.1 beta if feasible).
None this month.
- André/Demian/Ere/Mohan: Continue discussion of documentation management, etc.
- Demian: Continue moving OLF membership process forward.
- Demian: Set up form for collecting VuFind installation details.
- Demian: Share vufind.org web analytics with the group before next meeting.
- Hajo: Share WOLFcon details with the group as they emerge.
- Leila: Share discovery survey outcomes with the group before next meeting.