About Features Downloads Getting Started Documentation Events Support GitHub

Site Tools


Warning: This page has not been updated in over over a year and may be outdated or deprecated.
community:pmc_meetings:minutes20220411

PMC Meeting: April 11, 2022

Attending: Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, André Lahmann, Jan Maas, Ere Maijala, Mohan Pradhan

Apologies: Oliver Goldschmidt, Craig Murdoch, Leander Seige, Hajo Seng

1. Review of Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • Demian: Follow up with OLF on next steps (kick-off meeting, JIRA migration). DONE
  • Demian: include authority data discussion on May Community Call agenda. DONE
  • Demian/Mohan: make further progress on updating Open Data Sources wiki pages. ONGOING
  • Demian: schedule follow-up meeting for sprint planning. DONE
  • Chris: develop plans for sprint discussion at April Community Call. DONE
  • Chris/Leila: make progress on video editing queue. ONGOING
  • ALL: review the draft Registered Service Provider Agreement and leave comments for deeper discussion next time. ONGOING

2. WOLFcon 2022

We should remember to incorporate ideas related to encouraging inter-institutional collaboration around shared needs into a CFP if we create one.

The draft schedule spreadsheet we worked with to begin setting up VuFind sessions has been closed. There is now a Google form we can use to submit changes/new requests. Demian can forward the link to anyone who needs it.

Demian asked Beth German about online participation costs; still waiting on an answer to make decision about fully merging VuFind Summit with WOLFcon.

3. Documentation

Demian shared (via email) web usage statistics from the first quarter of 2022.

Mohan expressed interest in reviewing/testing the MeSH, DoAJ and PubMed Central pages. Demian has reviewed and updated the NDLTD page and plans to work on InTech Open and Linked Data when time permits.

4. OLF Update

Demian is working with Peter Murray from OLF to migrate VuFind's JIRA data to the cloud. We are currently waiting on some approvals from Atlassian.

5. Release Planning

Given the way theme development is currently panning out (unlikely to be completed in the short term, and with some breaking changes to existing themes due in release 9.0) and since several minor features have been completed that can be included in 8.1, Demian proposed scheduling an 8.1 release fairly soon, so we can end development on the 8.x line and focus more fully on 9.0. There were no objections, and Ere strongly supported the proposal.

There are currently a few open JIRA tickets, so we should estimate how long they should take to complete (and whether any can/should be rescheduled for 9.0), then begin the translation update process (which usually takes about a month). A release date should account for these factors.

Chris and Demian will touch base to evaluate outstanding work assigned to 8.1, and we can set a release date next meeting.

6. Registered Service Provider Agreement

The RSP agreement draft has collected a significant number of comments/discussion since the last meeting.

Further discussion was postponed due to Craig's absence.

Next step after approving draft: talk to OLF about how to implement.

7. Video Editing Update

Leila completed editing video from the 2020 VuFind Summit, and it has all been posted to YouTube. She will make further progress on the 2021 Summit when time permits.

The most recent Community Call tutorial video also still needs to be completed.

8. Possible Future Actions

Some other possible items for the future:

  • Develop a fundraising communication plan - after February resource planning
  • Discuss a strategy for approaching VuFind services vendors (both for funding support and trademark compliance)
  • Develop a documentation maintenance plan
  • Investigate Dokuwiki enhancements (“old page” alerts, “page ownership” mechanism)
  • Community Call restructuring / marketing
  • “Good first issue” highlighting
  • Outreach to forks for new feature contributions
  • Marketing project (better VuFind definition, website improvements, etc.)
  • Publication / presentation efforts related to PMC and sustainability

Other Items

Ere asked about the process for international payment, should membership fees be implemented. Demian will follow up with OLF to figure out how in theory this would work in the case of National Library of Finland.

There was some discussion of upcoming 8.1/9.0 features, based on the changelog.

Action Items

  • Demian: follow up with OLF regarding international payment process.
  • Demian: follow up with OLF regarding WOLFcon costs (if prior inquiry is not answered).
  • Demian/Mohan: make further progress on updating Open Data Sources wiki pages.
  • Chris/Leila: make progress on video editing queue.
  • ALL: review the draft Registered Service Provider Agreement and leave comments for deeper discussion next time.
community/pmc_meetings/minutes20220411.txt · Last modified: 2022/04/11 15:34 by demiankatz