Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: August 23, 2011
1. New/Updated JIRA Tickets
- VUFIND-439 - SolrMarc's VuFind indexer is hard-coded to get database settings from config.ini without accounting for config.local.ini. Demian will work on fixing this when he returns if nobody else submits a patch first.
- VUFIND-440 - There is a minor error in the language files regarding the meaning of the MARC 773 field. Demian will get this corrected next time he updates translations.
- VUFIND-441 - The National Library of Ireland team has submitted a module for representing collections of records within VuFind; please take a look and comment.
- VUFIND-442 - This ticket is designed to make it easier to build custom compiled Java functions for SolrMarc within VuFind.
2. Solr 3.x Update
Still waiting for a SolrMarc release – no news yet.
3. Architecture Improvements
Demian made some more progress on VuFind 2.0 before going on leave, including porting over Tuan's result set scroller (for next/previous buttons on record view screens) and implementing more of the “MyResearch” area (including a start at reimplementing the favorites section using a SearchObject for easier reuse of components).
4. New Mobile Theme
No news this week on the new mobile theme.
5. Cart Functionality
Luke has continued improving the cart patch; Demian will look at the latest version (and update the demo instance) when he returns from leave next week.
6. Other Topics?
Congratulation to Demian Katz on his recent initiation into Fatherhood.
The next call will be Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 11am Eastern Daylight Time (GMT - 4:00).