Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: November 15, 2011
Attending: Lutz Biedinger, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Luke O'Sullivan
1. New/Updated JIRA Tickets
- VUFIND-371 - this ticket has been closed now that the cart is committed.
- VUFIND-452 / VUFIND-453 - both of these tickets deal with fairly obscure Solr problems, and they have been updated with links to Solr JIRA tickets that may help; one ticket has already been resolved on the Solr side, so Solr 3.5 should allow us to close VUFIND-452. If you are concerned about VUFIND-453, please vote on SOLR-2798.
- VUFIND-470 - auto-detection of base URL (if setting is missing from config.ini) has been committed.
- VUFIND-473 - this ticket proposes some additional statistical measures that it would be useful to capture.
- VUFIND-474 - this patch from Luke adds a system to help direct users to physical locations of items.
2. VuFind 2.0 Update
Chris has gotten logging functionality in place – VuFind 2.0 now supports the full logging functionality of VuFind 1.x, and the normal “debug” option has been integrated with the logging mechanism to simplify code and allow debug messages to be captured in additional ways (no more inline echo statements in the code!).
Progress has also been made on authentication classes (database authentication is now fully supported, including account creation) and the MyResearch area (list functionality is growing ever more complete).
3. New Mobile Theme
The jquerymobile library was recently updated to solve some performance problems, but this in turn led to some other bugs. It should now once again be in a stable state, but please report any problems you encounter.
4. Cart Functionality
The cart code has been committed to the trunk. Currently it only works in the blueprint theme, though the existing bulk actions in the classic and default themes have been rerouted to use the shared cart code. If anyone wishes to add the necessary templates to support the cart in the older themes, please feel free to volunteer. Testing is also greatly appreciated!
Demian plans to update the demo_trunk instance for testing against the trunk version of the cart code sometime before the end of the week.
5. Next Call Date
The next call is scheduled for November 29, but Demian will not be available. We decided to postpone the next call until December 13 since there is unlikely to be a large amount of activity during the remainder of November.
6. Other Topics?
Demian mentioned the recent burst of commercial vendors supporting VuFind – see the support page.
The next call will be Tuesday, December 13, 2011 at 11am Eastern Standard Time (GMT - 5:00).