Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: March 19, 2013
Attending: Demian Katz, Benjamin Mosior, Sean Purcell, Al Rykhus
1. New/Updated JIRA Tickets
- VUFIND-276 - The VuFind 2 feedback module (which provides a slide-in form to send email feedback) has been committed.
- VUFIND-589 - There has been some new discussion here about running Jetty as a service under Windows, since the old method no longer appears to be viable.
- VUFIND-729 - Demian has committed (and ported to Windows) the shell/batch script enhancements proposed here.
- VUFIND-751 - A bug in the admin module login process has been fixed.
- VUFIND-754 - The NewGenLib ILS driver has been enhanced according to this patch.
- VUFIND-756 - This ticket proposes normalizing Unicode in SolrMarc; relevant configuration settings are described on the ticket. We should discuss whether or not this makes sense as a default setting.
- VUFIND-757 - This ticket proposes better integration between VuFind's authentication system and ZF2's authentication system.
- VUFIND-760 - This ticket proposes creating a new test to check integrity/consistency of language files.
- VUFIND-761 - This ticket proposes adjusting the coding standards to support a new documentation feature; the outstanding question is how to approach the problem (can this be done by configuring continuous integration, or do we need to tackle it from the PHPCS end?).
- VUFIND-762 - A bug in which empty parens in search queries caused a fatal Solr error has been fixed in 2.0. A similar bug involving freestanding hyphens has also been fixed.
- VUFIND-763 - This ticket proposes a <meta name=“Generator”> tag to identify VuFind versions within the HTML.
- VUFIND-764 - Some inconsistent namespacing in the VuFind 2 test suite has been cleaned up (ticket now closed).
- VUFIND-765 - A small bug in the Voyager Restful driver's renewal functionality has been corrected (ticket now closed).
- VUFIND-766 - A small incompatibility between VuFind 1.x and Solr 4.x has been corrected as a result of this ticket. While there are no further 1.x releases planned, a small adjustment has been made to the 1.x trunk.
- VUFIND-767 - A getInstitutions method has been added to the Solr record driver for convenience (ticket now closed).
2. VuFind 2.0 Update
Demian has been working more heavily on search refactoring. Summon and WorldCat have been reimplemented using David's new model, eliminating some of the \VuFind\Connection\* classes.
Zend Framework has been upgraded to version 2.1.4, which should hopefully finally fix the lingering PHP 5.3.3 compatibility headaches.
Partial Swedish/Finnish translations have been added courtesy of National Library of Finland.
Benjamin reported that Keystone Library Network is now running in production with VF2.
3. Linked Data
Nothing new this week.
4. Other Topics?
No other news this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).