Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: June 12, 2013
Attending: Filipe Bento, Demian Katz, Josiah Knoll, David Maus, Benjamin Mosior, Eoghan Ó Carragáin, Tod Olson, Luke O'Sullivan, Jay Roos, Ben Wiens
This meeting was held on Google Hangouts due to multiple problems with Wimba.
1. New/Updated JIRA Tickets
- VUFIND-670 - This refactoring-related ticket is no longer necessary and has been closed as “won't fix.”
- VUFIND-677 - A small autocomplete display glitch has been fixed here.
- VUFIND-701 - Dewey AlphaBrowse indexing should now be improved (no more errors when a record contains multiple call numbers). There are still some problematic edge cases, but the next SolrMarc upgrade should resolve those.
- VUFIND-744 - Google Analytics can now be turned on via a config.ini setting.
- VUFIND-796 - Solr parse error detection now works correctly with David's new error handling event and either Solr 3.x or Solr 4.x.
- VUFIND-808 - There has been further discussion of a MultiBackend ILS driver bug on this ticket.
- VUFIND-819 - This patch from Luke offers allows the record view template to be overridden on a record driver basis.
- VUFIND-820 - This ticket addresses a small bug in the new search subsystem.
- VUFIND-821 - This ticket makes the feedback tab display CSS-based rather than image-based, which simplifies translation issues.
- VUFIND-822 - This ticket resolves a bug that was causing SMS problems in VuFind 2; Demian will test and commit for the 2.0 release if no major problems are discovered.
2. Linked Data
As mentioned on the VUFIND-425 ticket, we discussed possible approaches to incorporating schema.org microdata into VuFind.
3. VuFind 2.0 Update
Storage of identity in the session has been simplified: we now persist a user ID instead of a serialized object in order to avoid complex sleep/wakeup logic.
Most outstanding 2.0 tickets are now resolved, so a development freeze is in force until the 2.0 release. Only bug fixes, language file expansions, and a planned SolrMarc upgrade will be committed until that time.
Demian plans to spend some time reviewing the test suite/commenting on related JIRA tickets/etc. during the development freeze between now and the 2.0 release. Demian will work on separating unit/integration tests better if necessary (skip tests with external dependencies). David will look into a better/more flexible phpunit.xml configurations. He also suggested reducing use of service locators in favor of mocks in some of the existing tests. Demian will also fix directory path / namespace inconsistency in unit/integration tests.
David will implement the SharedListenerAggregate interface on the search backends before the 2.0 release (simple improvement).
4. VuFind Summit 2013
No news. Demian mentioned that we should brainstorm ways of making the September 2013 German conference complement the October U.S. summit. David offered to share his search system slides with English notes so Demian can present them.
5. Other Topics?
We agreed to switch to Google Hangouts for the next call. While this offers the disadvantage that a Google Plus account is required for access, it offers broader compatibility – Wimba has been problematic on Mac/Linux and occasionally unreliable in general.
The next call will be Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).