Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: July 23, 2013
Attending: Filipe Bento, Frédéric Demians, Chris Fishburn, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, David Maus, Tod Olson, Sean Purcell, Al Rykhus, Ben Wiens
1. New/Updated JIRA Tickets
- VUFIND-122 - A very basic, limited Pazpar2 module has now been committed.
- VUFIND-831 - Joe has posted a Polaris driver for 2.x here, and Demian has committed it.
- VUFIND-832 - Joe has posted some Booksite content integration code for 2.x here, and Demian has committed it.
- VUFIND-842 - This ticket addresses a list creation bug when using PostgreSQL as a database backend.
- VUFIND-844 - This ticket points out that the jquerymobile theme is using a very old version of the library; there are some known bugs that may be fixed by an upgrade, though upgrading will also require extensive analysis/testing in case of BC breaks.
- VUFIND-845 - This ticket shares a Villanova customization for excluding newspapers by default in Summon; it also serves as a demonstration of the flexibility of the new search system. It will probably not be committed as a standard feature since it is fairly special-purpose.
- VUFIND-846 - This ticket (now resolved) addresses a bug in the new items module where an ILS driver with no getFunds method would cause a fatal error.
- VUFIND-848 - This ticket proposes a change to the way highlighted titles are displayed to avoid confusion caused by the current truncation of long highlighted titles.
- VUFIND-849 - This ticket (now resolved) proposes resetting the page number of a search when changing the sort order or limit in order to avoid confusing results.
- VUFIND-851 - A very subtle bug caused by the feedback module is fixed here.
- VUFIND-852 - This ticket is a reminder to investigate, and possibly fix, the OCLC limitCodes setting in config.ini.
- VUFIND-853 - A mechanism has been added for configuring default options in the Zend\Http\Client; this is useful for SSL-related configurations.
- VUFIND-855 - This ticket was opened due to a misunderstanding about the upgrade process; it has been closed as “Won't Fix.”
2. Development Updates/Planning
The Git repo has been tagged so that we can identify which code is distributed with which releases (starting with VuFind 1.3).
Tod is making progress on incrementally reimplementing Al's customizations.
Demian has created a vufind-org organization in GitHub and moved the vufind-browse-handler repo there. The main VuFind codebase should follow shortly. David will help set this up as well as look into options for disabling the Sourceforge repo in a friendly way.
3. VuFind Summit 2013
No news this week.
4. Other Topics?
Jonathan Rochkind has begun work on a SolrMarc alternative called Traject which uses jRuby in place of Java/BeanShell and has a newly-designed architecture. He is looking for collaborators to help finish up the work.
Filipe also mentioned elasticsearch as a possible Solr alternative. David said he had looked into it and concluded it was not a Solr replacement, though it is useful for real-time searches in more limited applications – Solr is more robust.
The next call will be Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).