This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: January 7, 2014
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-95 - This ticket, about improving statistics module browser detection, was addressed at the 2.0 release and has just now been closed.
- VUFIND-221 - Book cover caching behavior is now configurable.
- VUFIND-339 - This ticket, suggesting more access points to the “create list” functionality, was resolved some time ago and was just now closed.
- VUFIND-372 - Confirm dialogs have been standardized, as per this ticket.
- VUFIND-563 - The Bootstrap theme now uses the <mark> tag for highlighting to better make use of the HTML5 standard.
- VUFIND-939 - MyResearch menu reorganization has been completed.
- VUFIND-940 - This cosmetic Bootstrap theme bug has been fixed.
- VUFIND-942 - This ticket discusses improvements to .gitignore settings.
- VUFIND-943 - This ticket proposes an improvement to the way install.php suggests symlink names for Apache configurations; the suggestion has been implemented.
- VUFIND-944 - This ticket reports an advanced search bug that Demian is unable to reproduce; if anyone else can spot the problem, please comment here.
- VUFIND-945 - This ticket fixes a small translation bug (committed).
- VUFIND-946 - This ticket discusses the possibility of adding title-level hold links to search results.
Some recent pull requests are related to tickets resolved above; they are not listed below to avoid redundancy.
- #60 - This PR cleans up some inconsistent use of translation helpers in the view templates – merged.
- #61 - This PR refactors the admin module and adds Luke's tag management functions – merged.
- #62 - This PR makes place hold functionality more stable by fixing a problem with ILS drivers lacking getDefaultPickUpLocation() support.
- #63 - This PR points out obsolete CVS $ID lines in some of the SolrMarc files; however, since SolrMarc files are loaded as vendor files from an external project, changing them here would not be helpful, and the PR has been closed without resolution.
- #65 - This PR makes some improvements to searchspecs.yaml – ISBN/ISSN are now searched in AllFields, a small typo has been fixed, and it is possible to set up different settings for use with phrase searches vs. non-phrase searches. Merged.
2. Development Planning
Call Number Normalization
3. Other Topics?
The next call will be Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 10am Eastern Standard Time (15:00 GMT).