Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: January 21, 2014
Attending: Filipe Bento, Demian Katz, Ere Maijala, Tod Olson
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-944 - This ticket has been closed; it was a local bug rather than a core VuFind problem.
- VUFIND-947 - This ticket proposes setting sort values using GET rather than POST for improved back button behavior. Demian has opened a PR to be merged after the 2.2 release.
- VUFIND-948 - This ticket proposes a tool to clean up the session table (since PHP doesn't always seem to do it automatically). Demian has opened a PR to be merged after the 2.2 release.
- VUFIND-949 - A minor Bootstrap cosmetic fix.
Since we're in a code freeze until the 2.2 release, several pull requests have been added and will be merged to trunk as soon as we're ready to begin 2.3 development.
- #67 - This request makes minor improvements to the Sierra driver and has been merged.
- #68 - This makes some improvements to the MultiBackend driver and adds better ILS-related debug output.
- #71 - This allows the configuration of custom filter queries for use in the Solr-based hierarchy tree generator.
- #72 - This makes a small fix to the Bootstrap theme and has been merged.
- #73 - This is a minor fix to schema.org mappings – merged.
- #74 - A ChoiceAuth bug fix – merged.
- #75 - A fix for a typo in a comment – merged.
- #78 - A proposed authentication module for use with the MultiBackend ILS driver; Demian will review after the 2.2 release.
- #79 - Language file tweaks – merged.
2. Development Planning
No major news.
No news this time around due to weather emergencies. Ben and Benjamin will report on the next call.
A few more bug fixes have gone in, and language file updates are ongoing, but there is no reason to expect a release delay.
Call Number Normalization
Tod was delayed by a preceding call, so this subject will be discussed next time.
For the next release, we should consider making some changes to our module.config.php, to improve both readability and performance. The use of closures is not recommended as a ZF2 best practice (it reduces the ability to cache configs) so we should introduce more factory classes. This brings up the question of how to organize those classes.
The group is in favor of cleaner module.config.php – no strong preferences for an approach. Demian will assemble a PR for discussion in the near future.
3. Other Topics?
Ere mentioned that some of the route generation code in module.config.php needs better commenting – Demian will take a look.
Ere also talked about some limitations of the MultiBackend driver – he may contribute an alternate version if his needs cannot be addressed by modifying the existing one.
The next call will be Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 10am Eastern Standard Time (15:00 GMT).