Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: March 18, 2014
Attending: Filipe Bento, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Sean Purcell
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-963 - The bug described here (affecting Shibboleth and CAS authentication users) has been corrected.
- VUFIND-964 - This ticket covers the entityExpansionLimit setting discussed on the previous call; the setting is now disabled by default in the import scripts.
- VUFIND-965 - This ticket discusses some possible limitations/undesirable side effects of our current use of ISSN/ISBN fields in the AllFields search handler. Further discussion is necessary.
- #102 - A minor new feature has been added to the ILS driver interface: the ability for drivers to specify custom default hold expiration dates – merged.
- #103 - This PR covers updates to the VuDL module – merged.
- #104 - This PR cleans up some style issues in recent ILS driver updates – merged.
- #108 - This PR makes some improvements to our custom Console router – merged.
- #113 - This PR proposes a change to the way some of the hierarchy Solr fields are defined and used; further investigation/discussion is needed.
2. Development Planning
Zend Framework 2.3
Zend Framework 2.3 is coming soon, but it bumps the base PHP version requirement to 5.3.23, which could seriously impact VuFind's broad compatibility with existing Linux distributions.
Discussion deferred until the next call due to low attendance.
Call Number Normalization
4. Other Topics?
No other topics.
The next call will be Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).