Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: April 29, 2014
Attending: Filipe Bento, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Gregory Testa, Ben Wiens
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-313 - Optional ReCaptcha support has been added to several VuFind forms.
- VUFIND-972 - As discussed on an earlier call, the signature of the getHolding ILS driver method has now been changed to ($id, array $patron = null).
- VUFIND-976 - This turned out to be a local problem; closed with no action necessary.
- VUFIND-978 - This ticket proposes an improvement to the headers used with cover images to encourage caching.
- VUFIND-979 - This ticket discusses the current state of VuFind 2 command line tools.
- #136 - This work-in-progress PR adds a visualization view (courtesy of Julia Bauder).
- #137 - This merged PR refactors some of the helpers used for ILS features like holds and ILL to clarify the class hierarchy.
- #138 - This merged PR is a small template bug fix (don't over-escape HTML in one place).
- #139 - This merged PR adds better support for RDA-style publication fields in MARC record display.
- #141 - This merged PR fixes a bug in searchspecs caching.
- #143 - This PR adds PostgreSQL support to the installer; Demian will review soon.
Demian has upgraded Zend Framework to 2.2.7; this is a small bug-fix release that should have no impact on existing VuFind code.
2. Development Planning
Ben has been using revised (lower) filterCache settings for two weeks with no crashes. Demian has also been testing these settings at Villanova (so far successfully). High hit ratios on caches. Revised default settings will be pushed to master (from solr_filtercache branch) soon as long as no problems arise in continued testing.
Ben suggested that the optimization process may be a good topic for the next VuFind Summit.
Call Number Normalization
No news this week.
New OCLC API
OCLC is looking for a volunteer developer to work on a VuFind module for the new WorldCat Discovery API; if anyone is interested, Demian can pass along contact information.
Design draft 1 by Chris: http://www.crhallberg.com/newvufind/
Generally positive feedback – should be shared with mailing list for more feedback.
4. Other Topics?
No other news this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).