Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: August 19, 2014
Attending: Chris Delis, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-941 - Anna no longer needs this template adjustment, and it doesn't seem broadly useful, so it's been marked as “won't fix.” Feel free to comment/reopen if you find that you need or want it.
- VUFIND-990 - Demian implemented a cache clearing utility in the admin panel.
- VUFIND-1011 - This ticket points out a problem when attempting to change passwords while using the ChoiceAuth authentication option. A solution is actively being discussed – feel free to participate if interested.
- VUFIND-1018 - This ticket proposes adding export, etc., options to search results without requiring the bookbag.
- #188 - Closed – some improvements to the MultiBackend driver that will be reopened as a new PR after further work is completed.
- #191 - Merged – German translation improvements.
- #193 - In progress – Non-Latin password support for Voyager.
- #194 - In progress – Date converter time zone fix.
- #195 - In progress – New proposed configuration to control redirection behavior following user click on “log in” link.
- #196 - Merged – Italian translation improvements.
- #197 - In progress – Improvements to the code that converts a lightbox request URL into a standard VuFind URL for redirection purposes.
2. Development Planning
The release was made successfully. There will likely be a 2.3.1 release with minor bug fixes/language file expansions in a month or two.
Call Number Normalization
No news this week.
No news on Bootstrap 3 due to Chris' vacation. Some minor fixes, but no major problems.
Still in progress: LESS import behavior issues.
Need to discuss: end of life of the old Bootstrap 2 theme; Demian will email vufind-tech with details in the near future.
PHP 5.4 upgrade
CARLI is still using PHP 5.3; Demian will move forward cautiously and continue to inquire about people's situations before making the leap.
3. 2014 VuFind Summit
CARLI will be represented at the Summit. This may be an opportunity to finalize the consortialize pull request if it's not already merged by then.
4. Other Topics?
None this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).