Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: November 11, 2014
Attending: Filipe Bento, Chris Delis, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-760 - This ticket has been resolved; we now have a test to ensure the consistent formatting of all language files. This was made possible by the implementation of new tools to automatically normalize language files.
- VUFIND-1038 - This ticket suggests making install.php smarter about not overwriting existing custom modules; Demian will work on it soon.
- VUFIND-1039 - This ticket reports a Bootstrap3 bug which has been fixed.
- VUFIND-1040 - This ticket suggests adding more permission options for user creation during MySQL database creation in the installer.
- VUFIND-1041 - This ticket proposes a fancier interface for downloading exported data.
- VUFIND-1042 - This ticket (now resolved) suggests a more accurate HTTP Content-type header for the OAI server component.
- #224 - merged - typo fix in Unicorn.ini file
- #225 - in progress - new recommendation module for linking into browse indexes
- #227 - in progress - proposed changes to terminology surrounding lists and favorites
- #228 - merged - Symphony driver bug fix
- #229 - merged - new tests for MultiBackend ILS driver
- #230 - merged - .gitignore settings for the Solr directory
- #232 - merged - cosmetic improvements to AlphaBrowse display (bootstrap/bootstrap3-only)
- #233 - merged - German translation correction
2. Development Planning
Demian has made further progress on the authorization pull request and it is likely nearing its final form. However, it cannot be merged until after we raise core requirements to PHP 5.4+.
Call Number Normalization
No updates this week.
The release is scheduled for next Monday. Please test the release-2.3 branch if time permits.
3. Next Call Date?
The next call would be on November 25th. We discussed whether it was worth holding, given that the Thanksgiving holiday may keep people away. We voted to skip this one and make the next call December 9th.
4. Other Topics?
None this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 10am Eastern Standard Time (15:00 GMT).