Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: April 28, 2015
Attending: Filipe Bento, Chris Delis, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Tod Olson
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-905 - Chris' improved tagging interface has been merged to master, which resolves this ticket – users are now able to delete their own tags.
- VUFIND-1105 - This ticket contains some discussion of a possible alphabrowse/call number issue; Tod eventually determined it was a local problem.
- VUFIND-1110 - This reports a small bug in the Bootstrap3 theme's login flow for placing holds when not yet logged in; Chris has fixed it and the fix will be included in release 2.4.1.
- #342 - merged - Adds embargo information to SFX resolver driver output.
- #343 - merged - Minor OAI-PMH server improvement for better standards compliance.
- #344 - merged - Adds the ability to define complex Solr filters as defaults (previously, default filters had to be simple).
- #347 - closed - Incorrect PR opened by accident.
- #348 - merged - A new listener to allow conditional filters to be applied to Solr based on user permissions.
- #349 - merged - DAIA ILS driver bug fix
- #350 - merged - Fixes for JSTree hierarchy renderer to properly escape HTML code.
- #353 - merged - A “strict standards” compliance tweak.
2. Development Planning
Call Number Normalization
No news this week. Tod is still doing testing on his end, but he is hoping the project will be completed soon.
Improved Author Indexing
Demian has been reviewing VUFIND-542, the JIRA ticket addressing more flexible representation of authors in VuFind. He has begun a PR for VuFind 2 (#354) to bring it up to date and make it easier to discuss. There is still much to do! Input from others would be appreciated.
Some discussion of SolrMarc internals needed to make the custom indexing logic more straightforward (Demian and Tod will discuss in more detail after the call).
Some discussion of Demian's changes to facet functionality – suggestion: change authorStr to author_facet for clarity.
Tangent: discussion of tables of contents (somewhat inconsistent indexing; naming not ideal).
Demian has updated pull request #306 to the latest Solr 4 version (4.10.4).
VuFind Solutions GitHub
Chris set up a proof of concept branch for keeping features in GitHub: offcanvas menu branch. Naming convention: create a branch prefixed with “feature/”.
Still to do: build a wiki to document existing feature branches.
Tod's suggestion: add a feature-specific README.md to the repo.
Demian sent a proposal to the mailing list but has received minimal feedback.
3. Other Topics?
Demian upgraded the wiki to improve security; he also reset most of the user accounts due to the high number of spammer accounts present in the system. Please re-register if you find yourself unable to log in.
We ran a test of WebEx (generously offered by Filipe through EBSCO) as a possible future venue for the call. We may attempt to run the next call on WebEx if BigBlueButton is not able to be resurrected.
The next call will be Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).