Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: June 23, 2015
Attending: Filipe Bento, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, André Lahmann, Jochen Lienhard, Tod Olson, Brad Patton
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1095 - At the request of this ticket, Demian has implemented more flexible recommendation settings for the combined search module. It is now possible to configure custom recommendations on a column by column basis.
- VUFIND-1119 - This ticket reports a small bootstrap3 bug which prevented checkboxes from being clicked on narrow displays; Chris has pushed up a fix.
- VUFIND-1120 - This ticket proposes a –verbose mode for the delete command line script; Demian has implemented it.
- #402 - in progress - a new, simplified implementation of the bootstrap3 theme's lightbox system.
- #404 - merged - minor ILL bug fix.
- #405 - merged - Koha ILS driver improvement (proper database encoding support).
- #406 - merged - Finnish translation improvement.
- #407 - in progress - work on allowing theme-specific language file overrides.
- #408 - in progress - adds RefWorks/EndNote export support for the Primo Central connector.
The event-driven recommendations pull request (#367) has been merged; please let Demian know if you encounter any problems with recommendation modules.
2. Development Planning
Improved Author Indexing
Still waiting on SolrMarc progress before putting the finishing touches on this; it sounds like GitHub migration of the project will be happening soon.
Bob Haschart of SolrMarc has agreed that it is appropriate to deprecate SolrMarc's “direct index writing” functionality due to difficulty supporting it with newer Solr versions. Thus, we should be able to move forward with this branch. André will test the Solr 4 branch and report back; hopefully target will be to merge into master in one month (mid-July).
VuFind Solutions GitHub
André and Klaas reported that their team will be managing the Foundation5 theme against the current master (rather than the release branches) which should simplify management of this feature. For now we'll keep this is as a pull request but may eventually migrate it to a feature branch in the main VuFind repo.
3. Next Call Date?
Demian will be on vacation on the date of the next call. We decided to skip that date and have the next call on July 21st (due to other vacations and low activity during Summer).
4. Other Topics?
The 4th German VuFind Meeting has been announced for October 6-7, 2015. More information is available at this page. Demian hopes to have information on the next Villanova Summit soon.
Tod has been working on a NACO (North American / collaborative cataloging body in the U.S.) normalizer for the VuFind browse lists to address issues at UChicago with unusual characters that are not easily typed by end users and should not necessarily affect the filing order. Might also have some application for international users, though somewhat U.S.-centric. Tod will have a pull request for this fairly soon (likely in July).
The next call will be Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).