Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: September 1, 2015
Attending: Chris Delis, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Jochen Lienhard, Brad Patton
1. Development Updates
- #443 - merged - Improvements to OpenURL click handling for compatibility with combined search.
- #444 - in progress - Some refactoring of export configuration settings.
- #445 - merged - A new Primo Central feature (find results from other libraries).
- #446 - merged - Translation improvements (pt-br).
- #447 - merged - More accurate title bar displays during bulk actions in cart.
- #448 - merged - More HTML5 standards compliance improvements.
- #449 - merged - Allow multiple Solr URLs to be checked (for failover support).
- #450 - merged - Provide an AJAX system status report (for use in load balancing).
- #451 - in progress - DAIA driver improvements.
- #452 - in progress - Dutch translation improvements.
- #454 - in progress - HTML validation improvements.
- #455 - in progress - More sophisticated authorization logic for Primo Central.
The Blueprint theme has been removed.
The PICA ILS driver has been removed (eventually to be replaced by PAIA).
2. Development Planning
Improved Author Indexing
Demian has been focusing on cleaning up code that will make it into release 2.5; since this won't make the cut, he hasn't devoted more attention to it yet.
No news this time.
Chris noted that his refactoring will likely include namespacing the code by moving much of it into a global “vufind” object, and that he will also be moving some functions into more appropriate locations (e.g. lightbox-specific details into lightbox.js). He also mentioned investigating dynamic solutions such as RequireJS but not finding them appropriate to our specific use cases.
Text domain support has been merged in, but it is not yet being used (see PR #413 for some discussion of next steps regarding translation of language names); other major features will have to wait until next release. Development is now frozen (apart from bug fixes/translation updates).
3. VuFind Summit 2015
Some talk proposals are beginning to arrive, but there's still room for more. Please consider submissions before the September 18th deadline!
4. Other Topics?
None this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).