Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: October 27, 2015
Attending: Filipe Bento, Matthias Edel, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, André Lahmann, Brad Patton
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-244 - This ticket refers to deprecated themes and will not be fixed; closed.
- VUFIND-545 - Image-based OpenURL linking was implemented in release 2.5.
- VUFIND-647 - This minor VuFind 1.x bug is unlikely to be fixed since it does not affect 2.x; ticket closed.
- VUFIND-657 - Call number normalization was addressed in release 2.4, so this ticket should have been closed earlier.
- VUFIND-881 - The recommendation module system was redesigned in VuFind 2.5, so this ticket is now closed.
- VUFIND-1128 - Some default Solr facet sorting behavior was changed in response to this ticket in order to prevent confusing side effects.
- #479 - closed - Discussion about the OJS import XSLT (closed without action; may be reopened later).
- #482 - in progress - New feature to apply filters to combined search columns (including ability to display the same backend in multiple contexts)
- #483 - merged - Allow override of APPLICATION_PATH through environment (to better support symlinks)
- #484 - merged - Improved German translations
- #485 - merged - Typo fix in comment
- #486 - in progress - New Koha driver to utilize RESTful API.
- #487 - merged - Allow configuration of number of facet values shown above “more/less” control.
- #488 - merged - Eliminated a warning in application startup
- #489 - merged - Multi-record retrieval support for Primo Central
- #490 - in progress - Moves cache configuration from config.ini to environment to allow earlier/more consistent usage
- #492 - merged - Added missing variable initialization in Sierra driver
- #494 - in progress - More Sierra ILS driver improvements.
- #495 - in progress - Optimizations to config loading for combined search.
2. Development Planning
Improved Author Indexing
André has returned from leave, so activity on this should pick up soon. Demian is willing to do more work on this as needed.
3. VuFind Summit 2015
The Summit was a success, though further work is needed on roadmapping. This will be the main focus of the next call's agenda (since this week we did not have enough attendees present at the same time for a productive discussion – unfortunately, the daylight saving time change in Europe caused some confusion).
4. Future Call Times
At the Summit, it was suggested that moving the call an hour earlier might help allow the National Library of Finland team to participate. Since they are very active developers, this could be helpful. However, we don't want to cut off any other members of the call if we can help it.
This discussion will be handled over the mailing lists (for the same reason that roadmap discussions were postponed).
Also note that the next call will be in Eastern Standard Time rather than Eastern Daylight Time.
5. Other Topics?
Now that André is back, pull requests from the FINC team should begin moving forward again. Demian, Claas and André discussed strategy for next steps.
The next call will be Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at a time to be determined on the mailing lists; stay tuned for details (Possibly 9am Eastern Standard Time (14:00 GMT)).