About Features Downloads Getting Started Documentation Events Support GitHub

Site Tools


Warning: This page has not been updated in over over a year and may be outdated or deprecated.
developers_call:minutes20170228

VuFind Developers Call Minutes: February 28, 2017

Attending: Chris Delis, Matthias Edel, Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Jochen Lienhard, Brad Patton, Jay Roos

Agenda

1. Development Updates

JIRA Tickets

  • VUFIND-1222 - This ticket tracks a shortcoming of the automatic database upgrade process: it doesn't currently create or modify indexes. Demian will investigate the feasibility of a fix when time permits (unless somebody else volunteers to look into it first).

Pull Requests

  • #918, #919, #929 - merged - Progress on eliminating ServiceLocatorAwareInterface.
  • #920 - merged - Noted an inconsistent untranslated string in the templates; “Prev” vs. “Previous” has now been normalized to “Prev”.
  • #921 - in progress - A new configuration setting for dealing with arrays during config file inheritance.
  • #922, #923 - merged - PAIA driver fixes
  • #924 - in progress - Another PAIA improvement, pending translation work.
  • #925 - merged - Minor optimization to avoid unnecessary facet queries on home page.
  • #926 - closed - superseded by #932 and #933
  • #927 - merged - minor PHPDoc corrections
  • #928, #931 - merged - expanded/improved translations
  • #930 - merged - PostgreSQL compatibility fix for “library cards” feature
  • #932 - merged - Improved readability of factory for table gateways.
  • #933 - in progress - Add a plugin manager for database row gateways to make overriding them less complex.

2. Development Planning

VuFind on Heroku

Work continues on PR #913.

Codacy

Codacy is a tool for automatic code analysis integrated with GitHub. Chris has begun experimenting with it, and it has attached itself to our main vufind-org/vufind repository. This was not intentional, but it is already proving useful, so we will keep it active. Please let us know if you have suggestions for improved configuration.

Image Metadata API Revisited

Leila has begun looking into this – currently reviewing code and will begin work soon. First step: work on serving up server-side images using a pattern.

Breaking Up Templates

SideFacets template refactoring is still underway in #892.

Channels

We've found and fixed some bugs; merging should be imminent on this one (see #693).

Modularization

No news.

Next ZF Version

Demian has made significant progress on upgrading Zend Components, with some significant changes to factories and elimination of the ServiceLocatorAwareInterface throughout the project. #900, focusing on zend-mvc upgrades, is nearly ready to merge; this will make several other updates possible. We're still waiting on some releases on the Zend Framework side to permit us to get all the way up to ZF 3.x components, but we are getting close.

Improved Use of Permissions

No news.

Solr 6

No news.

Deprecation Progress

No news.

Other Front End Updates

New Theme?

Chris continues to think about this, and is finding ways of improving the ability to customize the existing themes.

3. VuFind Usage Survey

We have many responses; Chris will report on the details on the next call.

4. Institutional Home

No news.

5. Other Topics?

Chris has submitted a PR to php-cs-fixer to get back the alignment functionality we discussed a couple of calls ago. Waiting for feedback.

Next Call

The next call will be Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).

developers_call/minutes20170228.txt · Last modified: 2017/03/10 17:06 by demiankatz