Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: May 23, 2017
Attending: Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Jochen Lienhard, Brad Patton
1. Development Updates
- #963 - in progress - “Mix-in” proof of concept for themes.
- #965 - merged - Translation update.
- #966 - in progress - Status icons for account menu.
- #967 - merged - Removed dependency from XHProf support.
- #968 - merged - Improved forward compatibility with new Solr release.
- #969 - merged - Bug fix related to facet sidebar template refactoring.
- #970 - merged - Minor performance improvement for child record lookup.
- #971 - in progress - Dev Grunt task for LESS compilation.
- #972 - in progress - Improved property name for LayoutClass helper.
2. Development Planning
VuFind w/ Docker
Ben Mosior is continuing to work on this; more news next time he reports in.
Image Metadata API Revisited
Still working on some geographic bug fixes before moving on to this.
Modularization and Theme Mixins
Demian created a proof of concept PR (#963) which at a glance seems to support Beluga's needs for distributing stand-alone components for augmenting VuFind. There is a to-do list on the PR which indicates some testing and tooling necessary to make this release-friendly.
Next ZF Version
Improved Use of Permissions
Ere has contributed some fixes that will make the eventual transition to 6.5.x easier.
Wiki Documentation Improvements?
4.0 Release Progress
Working on finishing up the new theme and necessary changes to support it.
Front End Updates
Take a look at the recent front-end-related PRs and test/comment if time permits. It would be great to have more eyes on these before the 4.0 release.
Chris will work on documenting changes to help with upgrade/migration.
3. VuFind Usage Survey
Chris has posted results here.
4. Institutional Home
No major news, though there may be developments soon.
5. Other Topics?
None this time.
The next call will be Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).