This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: June 20, 2017
Attending: Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Jochen Lienhard, Brad Patton
1. Development Updates
- #980 - merged - minor hierarchy / sharding bug fix
- #981 - merged - eliminate a PHP notice
- #987 - merged - make favorites list more tolerant of backend exceptions
- #988 - merged - trailing newline standardization in templates
- #989 - merged - made ILS API for request checking more flexible (allow custom messages)
- #990 - merged - Voyager ILS driver fixes
- #991 - merged - changed default holdings_grouping setting for holdings tab for improved accuracy
- #992 - merged - improved handling of driver-generated purchase history
- #993 - merged - bug fix for advanced search editing in IE
2. Development Planning
VuFind w/ Docker
Image Metadata API Revisited
As noted above, VUFIND-1137 has been resolved. Next question: what about the metadata API?
Modularization and Theme Mixins
Next ZF Version
Improved Use of Permissions
Wiki Documentation Improvements?
4.0 Release Progress
Nearly ready! Code freeze this week!
Front End Updates
Chris working hard on bootstrap reduce pull request to reduce hard-coded Bootstrap classes and dependencies on Bootstrap; moving dependencies from templates to LESS/CSS. We're almost ready to merge (will be starting today), so please provide feedback on PR #958 as soon as possible if you have input.
Other front end news: one Bootstrap branch note – checkboxes can now be more easily styled to be replaced with icons, etc.
3. VuFind Summit 2017
No news yet. Demian will be meeting with Andrew Nagy next month to do some planning.
4. Institutional Home
Demian is working on drafting a “Community Charter” to support the process of finding an institutional home.
5. Next Call Date
The July 4 meeting will be skipped due to the American Independence Day holiday. The next call will be on July 18.
6. Other Topics?
The next call will be Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).