Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: January 30, 2018
Attending: Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Sebastian Kehr, Jochen Lienhard
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1267 - This ticket proposes some improvements to the RecordDataFormatter.
- VUFIND-1270 - This ticket reports an XSS bug. It has been fixed.
- VUFIND-1271 - This ticket asks questions about proxy server support.
- VUFIND-1272 - This ticket asks questions about CSRF.
- VUFIND-1273 - This ticket tracks the need to migrate away from the deprecated zend-mvc-console mechanism.
- VUFIND-1274 - This ticket was a support request and has been answered and closed.
- #1095 - merged - SolrMarc 3.1 upgrade
- #1096 - closed - Opened by accident
- #1097 - merged - Progress on Zend Framework Service Manager upgrade
- #1098 - merged - .gitignore improvement
- #1099 - closed - Not opened correctly due to technical difficulties
- #1100 - in progress - A proposal for making the holdings tab display more flexible.
- #1101 - merged - Bug fix in debug message (incorrect concat operator)
- #1104 - merged - Improvements to the expiration command line code
- #1105 - in progress - Support for self-service user account deletion
The release was made yesterday in response to a security issue in Solr (and to make a few other bug fixes available). See this commit for details of the workaround. A more permanent fix will be achieved when we upgrade to Solr 7.
2. Development Planning
5.0 Roadmap Progress
ServiceManager v3 Upgrade
Work continues on updating services in PR #1067. During the process, Demian discovered that the command line utilities were broken due to Zend refactoring; the issue has been corrected, but the entire zend-mvc-console module is now deprecated and should eventually be replaced with something that will be maintained long-term.
The SolrMarc fixes for Solr 7 support have been merged to master (and from there to PR #1082). Demian will resume work on the Solr upgrade after the Zend Framework updates are completed.
Image Metadata API
No one has had a chance to work on this for some time, so we will remove it from the agenda until it becomes a priority again.
Front End Updates
Nothing new, but Chris will review the pending pull requests today.
Browse Handler Optimizations
No updates this week.
Leila has been making good progress on replacing OpenLayers with Leaflet for geographic displays. The eventual plan is to make this change in master. She also shared an example of this new code in action.
3. Institutional Home
4. Other Topics?
We welcomed Sebastian, a new developer taking on some of the work previously performed by André Lahmann.
The next call will be Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 9am Eastern Standard Time (14:00 GMT).