Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: January 29, 2019
Attending: Demian Katz, Ere Maijala
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-783 - With the merging of the AJAX account information pull request, this ticket has been closed. While not quite the same as the original proposed “MyResearch Dashboard,” the functionality serves the same purpose.
- VUFIND-1320 - This ticket proposes taking advantage of the LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) standard in VuFind; please comment here with use cases and ideas.
- #1305 - in progress - More work to refine the asset pipeline.
- #1306 - in progress - A new configuration setting to customize the label on the authority recommendation module (also including some deeper conversation about functionality).
- #1307 - merged - A minor bug fix to the new feedback form code.
2. Development Planning
ILS Support Updates
The FOLIO driver has been merged to master. There is still more work to be done, but it is complete enough to serve as an initial proof of concept, and releasing it makes it easier for the FOLIO team to set up demo instances.
Browse Handler Optimizations
Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
5.1 / 6.0 Roadmapping
Now that release 5.1 is completed, it is time to begin focusing on 6.0 prioritization. There are quite a few pending, nearly-complete pull requests that have been deferred for release 6.0, so Demian will start by finishing those up. Most recently he has been focusing on code cleanup work in pull request #1298 to eliminate static factories and make use of the static class property to improve readability and IDE functionality throughout the code base. This should provide a cleaner and more consistent baseline to build upon for the new release.
Demian and Ere discussed the ILS driver API refactoring project. Some notes about use of arrayObject subclasses for responses have been added to the main description in the VUFIND-1280 JIRA ticket.
3. Next Call Date
Demian will be out of town on February 12, the next scheduled call date; he proposes delaying until February 26.
4. Other Topics?
Ere is expecting to take an extended holiday in May and is trying to wrap up as much as possible before his break.
The next call will be Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 9am Eastern Standard Time (14:00 GMT).