Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: May 21, 2019
Attending: Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Lionel Walter
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1335 - This ticket requests a VuFind implementation of a new Summon feature (linking articles based on citations).
- #1368 - merged - Generalization of browser cache clearing for account AJAX data.
- #1369 - merged - New tests for account AJAX functionality.
- #1370 - in progress - Redesign of record tab configuration (move to .ini files from module.config.php)
- #1371 - in progress - Fix to bug with “background tab loading” functionality
- #1372 - in progress - Link shortener functionality
- #1373 - in progress - Suggested markup improvements for facets
2. Development Planning
Zend Framework / Laminas Transition
No major news yet – still waiting for the Laminas code to drop.
This functionality has been merged to master.
Browse Handler Optimizations
Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
Mohan's team is still working on this, but no specific news.
There were no objections (and several +1's), so we will raise the PHP version requirement to 7.1 with release 6.0. Demian will set up a PR to begin this work soon.
Demian is continuing to work on cleaning up outstanding pull requests. Progress is being made on the relocation of the filter list (nearly done, but with some minor bugs to clean up), Overdrive integration (pending final review), email verification (pending one small lightbox bug to ensure notifications display correctly), and the link shortener (pending some test adjustments and finishing touches).
6.0 Release Date
This is now set at July 15, 2019 based on last week's discussion.
3. Developers Summit
There have still been no expressions of interest in in-person attendance. Mohan is hoping to develop a training session that might be able to be held around the time of the Summit to increase the community.
4. Other Topics?
Chris discussed the recent vufind-tech email about inconsistent button design between record view and search results; he will work on a pull request to address this.
Lionel suggested that OR facets might be more usable if it were possible to select multiple values before fully refreshing the page. There was some discussion of interface behavior and technical implementation details; he will give this some more thought and then make a proposal on the mailing list.
The next call will be Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).