Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: June 18, 2019
Attending: Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Mohan Pradhan
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1325 - MySQL 8 compatibility has been fixed for VuFind 6.0, so this ticket has been resolved.
- VUFIND-1336 - This ticket tracks a fix to background tab loading (which will be part of VuFind 6.0).
- #1374 - merged - Autocomplete configuration improvements for Summon.
- #1375 - merged - Improved stability for Mink browser-based integration tests.
- #1376 - merged - Minor update to Java indexing code.
- #1377 - merged - Redesigned control for resetting applied filters.
- #1378 - merged - Added support for facet.contains parameter in Solr requests (not used yet – will be incorporated into forthcoming autocomplete handler).
- #1379 - in progress - Standardization of bulk action buttons.
- #1380 - merged - Minor autocomplete fix (strip apostrophes to improve results).
2. Development Planning
Zend Framework / Laminas Transition
No major news yet – still waiting for the Laminas code to drop. The getlaminas.org site still has not changed significantly since it was unveiled.
The relocated and redesigned filter controls are all merged to master. Feedback is welcome!
Browse Handler Optimizations
Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
Mohan's team is still working on this, and will be sharing some code with Demian soon; he will work on integration/revision once the first draft is complete.
Demian still needs to set up a PR to begin this work. He is working on upgrading relevant Villanova systems to support PHP 7.1 before beginning – this is proving more complex than anticipated.
6.0 Release Progress
Demian has been finishing up pull request merging for the 6.0 release – some new features like URL shortening and Overdrive integration are now in master. He has just begun requesting translations, so there is now a freeze on changes to master that impact language files; a full code freeze will follow shortly.
3. Developers Summit
No news. Looks like an online-only event is likely. Mohan and Demian discussed the possibility of developing VuFind training materials to help bring new people into the community; delivering such content might be a good use for a future summit, though accomplishing it by this Fall may not be realistic.
4. Other Topics?
None this time.
The next call will be Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).