Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: July 30, 2019
Attending: Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Mohan Pradhan, Johannes Schultze
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1343 - This ticket tracks the possibility of using the Composer merge plugin to simplify management of local dependencies separately from core dependencies.
- VUFIND-1344 - This ticket tracks a QR code bug introduced in release 6.0, which will be fixed in 6.0.1.
- VUFIND-1347 - This ticket tracks a possible issue with the NoILS driver; Demian has been unable to reproduce it so far.
- #1392 - merged - Combined search now supports search handlers (implemented by matching on human-readable descriptions).
- #1393 - merged - Tweak to SolrMarc default configuration (stop using potentially deprecated getSortableTitle custom method).
- #1394 - merged - New authentication method for logging in with a single shared password (useful, for example, if you want to require a code to enter an entire VuFind instance).
- #1395 - in progress - New settings to make global controller permission settings easier to manage.
- #1397 - merged - Adjustment to make the Travis build fail if a user forgets to run lessToSass after changing LESS files.
- #1398 - merged - Improvements to Solr query cleanup logic.
- #1399 - merged - Improvements to QR code display.
- #1400 - merged - Prevent Zend Framework from garbling URLs through excessive normalization.
- #1401 - in progress - Support for user-initiated email address changes.
2. Development Planning
Zend Framework / Laminas Transition
No major news yet – still waiting for the Laminas code to drop. The getlaminas.org site still has not changed significantly since it was unveiled.
Browse Handler Optimizations
Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
There has been no progress on Mohan's end; Demian hopes to find time to work on porting Ere's changes into master in the near future. The email change logic (pull request #1401) is a first step toward that.
3. Developers Summit
Planning for the modularity discussion for the German Summit is underway.
4. Next Call Date
Demian will be out of town for the next call date, so it will be skipped, and we will meet again on August 27.
5. Other Topics?
None this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).