Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: September 10, 2019
Attending: Demian Katz, Ere Maijala
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1351 - This is a reminder to expand the test suite to better cover email verification functionality.
- #1409 - merged - This earlier PR to add email-based authentication has been merged; it involves some new features and minor refactoring, so it may be worth a closer look if you have custom auth code.
- #1416 - merged - Fix to allow URL helper to work in console mode.
- #1417 - in progress - Minor improvements to citation formatting.
- #1420 - merged - Add VSCode files to .gitignore for convenience.
- #1422 - merged - Login workflow optimization.
- #1423 - merged - ILS authentication bug fix.
- #1424 - in progress - Improvements to template resolution for better compatibility with Zend Framework conventions.
- #1426 - merged - Demo driver bug fix.
- #1427 - merged - SierraRest driver bug fix.
- #1429 - merged - Fix for running VuFind behind a reverse proxy.
2. Development Planning
Zend Framework / Laminas Transition
No major news yet – still waiting for the Laminas code to drop. The getlaminas.org site still has not changed significantly since it was unveiled. The Twitter page has also been pretty quiet, though a recent tweet suggests there may be some activity at the php[world] conference (October 22-23).
Browse Handler Optimizations
Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
Demian completed work on email change logic (pull request #1401) and merged it. Next step: the SDI subscription interface. This has been delayed by efforts to get the Jenkins server back online on a new server.
3. Developers Summit
Demian and Ere had some interesting conversations yesterday at the German VuFind Summit, discussing modularity and community. We'll try to make these conversations into something more tangible at the Summit's roadmapping session.
The Summit is just a little over a month away; no changes to the proposed schedule have been made since last time. Stay tuned for a Zoom link.
4. Other Topics?
A Portuguese-language open access book on VuFind has been released.
Ere and Demian discussed Ere's project to implement backend blending in VuFind (possibly a future pull request) and Demian's work on configuring the new Jenkins.
The next call will be Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).