Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: September 24, 2019
Attending: Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Ere Maijala, Mohan Pradhan
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-845 - This old Summon patch for omitting newspapers by default has been closed without merging, since newer settings (default filters) provide an easier solution.
- VUFIND-1348 - This ticket (make -aware interfaces work for controllers) has been resolved by PR #1441.
- VUFIND-1352 - Chris opened this ticket about the next theme to facilitate discussion/voting during the Summit next month.
- #1432 - merged - Support for placeholder values in select boxes in feedback forms.
- #1433 - merged - Do not provide authority recommendations for empty searches.
- #1434 - merged - DAIA driver bug fix.
- #1435 - merged - Improvement to “reset filters” button for compatibility with advanced searches.
- #1437 - merged - Improved Primo Central faceting support.
- #1438 - merged - Minor bug fix (incorrectly associated label).
- #1439 - in progress - Workaround for a test suite problem (print dialog boxes break automated testing in recent Chrome releases).
- #1440 - in progress - Work on generalizing the National Library of Finland's SDI functionality.
- #1441 - merged - Work on making controllers recognize the same “-aware” interfaces as other VuFind services, to make it easier to inject loggers, etc.
- #1442 - in progress - Add support for multiple form recipients in the feedback module.
- VuFindHttp #11, VuFindHttp #12 - in progress - Adds support for configuring a list of hosts that should not be proxied (as a supplement to the existing detection of localhost).
2. Development Planning
Zend Framework / Laminas Transition
No major news, though Demian noticed a mention of the Laminas transition in discussion on the deprecated ZendService_Amazon component (which will not survive the migration, as it has been deprecated).
Browse Handler Optimizations
Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
As noted above, Demian has begun a pull request (#1440) to generalize the SDI functionality written by the National Library of Finland. The basic front-end interface to subscribe to searches is working, but the next step is to implement the back-end for performing the searches and sending the emails.
3. Developers Summit
Chris and Demian have begun planning for the event. We hope to use JIRA more interactively this year for roadmapping, so that we have a place to vote for issues and collect comments; we will use a Roadmap2019 label to keep track of things.
Chris is going to put together some polls to gather opinions from the community; if you have suggestions for poll questions, share them on the vufind-tech mailing list so Chris can build them in.
4. Next call date?
Demian proposed skipping the next scheduled call due to its proximity to the VuFind Summit.
5. Other Topics?
Demian has been working on the vufind.org utilities, upgrading and fixing Jenkins and JIRA.
Mohan expects to have new LiveDVD versions out in October and November, incorporating Pazpar2. Mohan will also be doing some more training sessions (covering VuFind, among other topics) in January.
The next call will be Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).