This page provides information on VuFind®'s overall design, including big-picture design discussions as well as explanations of nitty-gritty details.
These specifications should be useful to most VuFind® developers and will help with an understanding of the overall system:
- Authorization - Information on how VuFind® handles user authorization.
- Caching - Notes on VuFind®'s use of caching.
- Customizing VuFind® - How to change VuFind®'s behavior.
- Data Model / Key Concepts - Key ideas in the VuFind® architecture.
- Record Driver Method Master List - A reference to get methods used by record drivers.
- Laminas - Information about the MVC framework used in VuFind®.
- Lightbox Functionality (Bootstrap themes)
See also the plugins page for details on how to extend various aspects of VuFind®'s functionality.
These notes are of less general interest but will be useful when the referenced subsystems are being worked upon: