Useful Git Branches
Some features are not available in the core VuFind distribution, either because they have been deprecated or because the VuFind team has not yet committed to maintaining them in the long term. These features are maintained in separate branches in the VuFind GitHub repository and may be merged in manually if they meet your local needs.
Features that may be useful but which the core VuFind team is not yet ready to fully support are given feature branches.
Features that have been deprecated and removed from master are given “legacy” branches where volunteers are free to keep them up to date with master if they need to do so. Feel free to issue pull requests against the legacy branches if you wish to help keep them up to date.
- legacy/amazon - This contains Amazon cover and review plugins, which were removed in VuFind 7.0.
- legacy/blueprint - This contains the Blueprint theme, which was VuFind 2's default theme until release 2.4. It was removed prior to release 2.5.
- legacy/bootstrap - This contains the Bootstrap 2 based themes that was released as an experimental beta prior to the official inclusion of the current bootstrap3/bootprint3 themes. These were removed prior to release 2.4.
- legacy/clavius - Contains the ClaviusSQL ILS driver (no longer maintained).
- legacy/google-maps - This contains the Google Maps geographic functionality that was removed prior to release 4.0.
- legacy/jquerymobile - This contains the jQueryMobile-based theme that was removed prior to release 4.0.
- legacy/lbs4 - Contains the LBS4 ILS driver that uses native database calls instead of a dependency on DAIA.
- legacy/stats - Contains the built-in statistics module that was removed in VuFind 4.0 in favor of external services.