This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
This page refers to VuFind 2.x and later; installation of earlier versions is no longer recommended.
If you are new to VuFind, you should start by reading the Installation Notes to orient yourself. You may also want to review VuFind's hardware and software requirements, and the VuFind for Project Managers page.
VuFind is designed to be able to be installed on many different platforms. Choose from the following installation documents based on the platform of your choice:
- VuFind on Fedora Linux (adaptable to RedHat flavors)
- VuFind on Mac (external link; may not be completely up to date)
- VuFind on Ubuntu Linux (adaptable to Debian flavors)
Healthnet Nepal has pre-configured a live DVD with VuFind and some other complementary open source applications at their Sourceforge page. This may be a useful way to evaluate the software with minimal effort.
- Docker - VuFind can be deployed using Docker
- Git - Git can be a useful way of managing and upgrading a local VuFind installation.
- Installing Multiple Instances - If just one VuFind isn't enough.
- Installing the PHP OCI Driver for Oracle - How to connect to Oracle (required by Voyager and some other ILSes).
- Nginx - Notes on using Nginx in place of Apache
- Remote Solr Back-end - Note on installing Solr on a separate server from the rest of VuFind
- Vagrant - VuFind can be installed in a Vagrant development environment