VuFind® 8.0 Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VuFind® 8.0 Released
Villanova, Pennsylvania - September 20, 2021 - Version 8.0 of the VuFind® Open Source discovery software has just been released. This major release includes significant new functionality and technical improvements.
Some key additions and changes:
- Significant enhancements to the record indexing process, including a new tool for loading data from CSV files, significant performance and functionality enhancements to XML indexing, and improved handling of creator names in MARC records.
- Improvements and updates to citation generation.
- Expanded support for user management of holds (including freezing and editing capabilities).
- Support for displaying bookplate images on record pages.
- Significant architectural improvements which will support the development of third-party plug-ins and more future-proof theme designs.
- Full compatibility with PHP 8.
- Updates to bundled tools, including Solr 8.9 and SolrMarc 3.4.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options, third-party integrations, performance enhancements and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind® in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at https://vufind.org.
Falvey Memorial Library
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085