Free online VuFind support is available through multiple channels:
- VuFind General - A mailing list for all general issues and support questions.
- VuFind Tech - A mailing list for all code related issues (patches, etc.).
- VuFind Admins - A mailing list for discussing management of the VuFind project.
- VuFind Unicorn Users - A mailing list for SirsiDynix Unicorn users who are using VuFind.
- VuFind on Slack - Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation to the Slack if you cannot sign up directly.
- VuFind on IRC - For real-time discussion of VuFind, try joining the vufind channel at freenode.
JIRA Issue Tracker
You can search through the issue archive to see if the problem you may be experiencing has been fixed or not. You can also place bug reports, feature enhancement requests and patches. Issue Tracker is managed with the Atlassian JIRA software.
Several commercial companies and private contractors offer professional VuFind support.
Please note that this directory is provided for the convenience of the VuFind community; no specific endorsement is implied.
- allegronet.de - Offers web hosting for libraries that do not have the resources to do it themselves. The service has supported allegro-C for several years and now also offers VuFind services as a "web 2.0" option.
- Andornot Consulting - offers VuFind, DB/TextWorks and other systems to libraries, archives, museums and other cultural institutions.
- CiBLiS - a reputed niche specialist offering 100% cloud-based digital library, archiving and museum information management solutions. CiBLiS is expert in implementation, maintenance, support, specific developments, deployment and conversion. Located in Belgium, CIBLIS is active in Belgium, the Netherlands and South-Africa.
- CINECA - Consorzio Interuniversitario - has supported VuFind since 2010, offering consulting, hosting and maintenance.
- Booksite / POCA - POCA is a turnkey U. S. public library centered branch of VuFind that accommodates the sharing of expense for implementation, customization, and operation of VuFind. Booksite continually adds customized applications to POCA, contributes to the VuFind developer community, and rebases to the most current VuFind master version.
- DataScouting - a technology company that helps libraries, archives and museums manage their resources more effectively through ILS/digital repository implementation and VuFind integration.
- EvolvePlus Pty Ltd - in addition to developing their own ILS, this company assists Australian libraries with VuFind implementation and support.
- iZi Software - provides VuFind services in Malaysia / South East Asia.
- KnowledgeWare Technologies - a reputed specialist offering 100% cloud-based, OSS Arabic/ English Integrated Library Systems, Digital Repositories, Library Guides, Discovery Portals, and information access solutions. Kware is expert in implementation, maintenance, localization, support, developments, deployment and data conversion. Kware is the agent voluntarily offering the Arabic translation for VuFind. Located in Riyadh/ Saudi Arabia, Kware is active in the Arabian Gulf countries, Egypt, and North Africa.
- Open Geek Service - provides VuFind services in Latin America.
- Orex - offers hosted VuFind service in Spain; customers in other countries should inquire about availability of services.
- outermedia - offers support for VuFind customization (tracking, responsive UI) and provides solutions to connect VuFind to multiple Solr instances with different schemas.
- PTFS Europe - provides full implementation services, including installation, configuration, data conversion, software development and training through to ongoing hosting and customer support for several products, including VuFind.
- Scanbit - this Spanish company has years of experience in library automation, having developed the AMICUS international ILS. It has assisted several libraries with VuFind implementation, support and integration with other library software.
- Tamil - Tamil offers services to libraries in order to deploy Koha ILS, and VuFind discovery tool: implementation, maintenance, support, specific developments, and deployment both on-site and on Tamil's private cloud.
- Trimagic - seller of the Trimagic Discovery Server, a commercially supported VuFind installation that can be hosted in the cloud or provided as a network appliance. The TDS may be used with or without Trimagic's other library software offerings.
- Xercode - Spanish company specializing in innovative solutions and projects for library automation, offering a complete service implementation based on systems such as Koha ILS, Xebook and VuFind.
If you offer VuFind services and would like your company's name on this page, please
let us know