Follow these steps to make a new VuFind release. (This page is primarily for Demian's reference).
- Make sure full test suite is passing in both MySQL and PostgreSQL configurations.
- Make sure packages/DEBIAN/control, packages/DEBIAN/changelog contain correct version numbers and dates for new release.
- Make sure build.xml and package.json reflect correct version number. Remember that package.json version number must have three parts – e.g. 3.1.0, not 3.1.
- Make sure config.ini generator setting reflects correct version number.
- Tag a new release in Git.
- Tag the corresponding browse handler version in GitHub.
- Check out the tagged release.
- Run “phing package” to build packages.
- Update changelog.
- Test/update migration notes.
- Upload packages to Sourceforge; be sure to set new default download.
- Upload binaries to the GitHub release and include link to changelog in description.
- Test/update installation notes for all platforms.
- Update Downloads page and the news footer in GitHub pages to point to new release.
- Update release status in JIRA.
- Close milestone on GitHub.
- Post news article on Sourceforge feed.
- Post announcements to mailing lists: vufind-general, vufind-tech, code4lib, web4lib
- Send press release to Marshall Breeding and Rachel Fadlon.
- Tweet release on @vufindorg.
- Update the live demo to the new version.
changelog/release_checklist.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/24 18:41 by demiankatz