Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: July 24, 2012
Attending: Filipe Bento, Demian Katz, David Maus, Ronan McHugh, Benjamin Mosior, Sean Purcell
1. New/Updated JIRA Tickets
- VUFIND-443 - Filipe has shared a patch here to display public lists in the Browse module.
- VUFIND-625 - This ticket proposes a workflow fix related to accessing favorites with Shibboleth authentication.
- VUFIND-626 - This ticket discusses multi-lingual sorting issues in the Solr schema configuration.
- VUFIND-627 - This ticket points out a hard-coded field name in the advanced search code which should be made more flexible.
- VUFIND-628 - This ticket includes a patch that fixes a display order problem caused when multiple facet-related recommendation modules display the same facet field. The fix has not been committed yet pending more testing.
- VUFIND-630 - This ticket reports a problem with Wikipedia regular expression processing (it seems to be a Windows-specific PHP bug).
- VUFIND-631 - This ticket points out the fact that list creation date is not being populated in the MySQL database even though the field exists.
- VUFIND-632 - This ticket complains about the presence of URL encoded characters in VuFind's print view; unfortunately, since these characters are necessary to make the URLs valid, there doesn't seem to be a solution – Demian has closed the ticket as “Won't Fix.”
2. VuFind 2.0 Update
Demian has continued porting code over to Zend Framework 2. Command line tools, database models, lightboxes and record tabs are all becoming more functional (though many details still need to be filled in). In the process, he has submitted a few small bug fixes to the framework itself – hopefully a small step in the direction of collaborating with the broader ZF community.
3. VuFind Developers Summit 2012
No news this week.
4. Open Data / Shared Central Index
No news this week.
5. Next Meeting Date?
Demian will be on vacation on August 7, the normal date for the next meeting. The group decided to postpone until 8/21.
6. Other Topics?
The next call will be Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).