Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: November 12, 2013
Attending: Filipe Bento, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Benjamin Mosior, Tod Olson, Sean Purcell, Ben Wiens
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-926 - This ticket contains some discussion about OAI-PMH harvest/import performance.
- VUFIND-927 - Interaction of combined search and autosuggestions has been improved.
- VUFIND-932 - This ticket addresses some inconsistent displays related to course reserves (the issue is now fixed).
- VUFIND-933 - This ticket is designed to collect thoughts on Overdrive API integration.
- Additionally, more small bootstrap/bootprint tickets have been opened and resolved.
2. Development Planning
Minor fixes continue. Less CSS PR still needs to be worked on. Villanova just went live with a variation of the bootstrap/bootprint theme.
Demian investigated failing over to old Lucene behavior when encountering - / NOT operators (which cause problems with eDisMax). Unfortunately, old Lucene behavior doesn't handle these cases properly either, so that doesn't solve anything.
Simple option: add eDismax support, turn it off by default, warn users about problem.
Complex option: parse queries in VuFind and rebuild them to work around the problem.
For now, no strong opinions – so Demian will take conservative “off by default” approach to get code merged into master, and we can revisit changing defaults later.
Benjamin has created a Google Doc for collecting test scenarios and will migrate scenarios to the wiki and begin running them in December. You can contact Ben or Benjamin for edit privileges through the document chat or on the vufind-tech mailing list.
Tod has put together a jmeter template that interleaves jmeter searches through the PHP interface to exercise both PHP and Solr interfaces; fed by tab-delimited file. This could eventually be used to replay an entire day of searches.
Demian has been working on cleaning up messes detected by PHPMD. Mostly low-hanging fruit (unused parameters/variables), but this is still helping to find and fix some minor bugs.
2.2 Release Target?
1.4 came out in late January, so we discussed releasing 2.2 on 1/27/14. No objections.
3. Other Topics?
No other topics this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 10am Eastern Standard Time (15:00 GMT).