Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: September 2, 2014
Attending: Filipe Bento, Chris Delis, Chris Hallberg, Anna Headley, Demian Katz
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-583 - Some discussion (and support files) for language name translation have been added here.
- VUFIND-994 - The Bootstrap 3 feedback ticket has been closed; new tickets can be opened for new issues.
- VUFIND-1019 - A lightbox login bug specific to VuFind 2.3 is tracked (and fixed) here.
- VUFIND-1020 - A log out bug introduced by the ChoiceAuth module has been corrected by this ticket.
- VUFIND-1021 - This ticket resolves the issue that was causing “Skipped entries” errors in the AlphaBrowse indexer for Dewey call numbers.
- VUFIND-1023 - This is a Bootstrap display issue involving the hierarchy tree; Chris is investigating.
- VUFIND-1024 - This ticket resolves some VuDL problems.
2. Development Planning
Call Number Normalization
No news this week.
Bootstrap Theme Deprecation
Demian posted a strategy to vufind-tech; no objections yet. Will implement once fully migrated off bootstrap at VU.
PHP 5.4 upgrade
Still waiting for upgrades at VU to be able to proceed on this.
Demian is giving some thought to role-based authorization functionality in VuFind. He will post some details to vufind-tech soon. Please share use cases.
3. 2014 VuFind Summit
No news this week, but registration should be opening very soon.
4. Other Topics?
There was some brief discussion of replication misbehavior experienced by Anna. Demian suggested that perhaps a Solr upgrade is in order soon, though there are some SolrMarc-related limitations there that need to be investigated. He will see if he can find time to investigate further.
Anna also mentioned the need for better error reporting in SolrMarc when indexing over HTTP.
Chris asked about indexing speed over HTTP vs. direct writing; Demian pointed out that HTTP is slower but this can be compensated for by running simultaneous index jobs (he usually indexes two at once when doing a full reindex).
Chris also asked about indexing of MFHD (holdings) records. Demian explained that his Voyager export has bibs + holdings, and he uses the SolrMarc record merging functionality to import the holdings into the bibs (as documented here).
The next call will be Tuesday, September 16, 2014 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).