Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: December 9, 2014
Attending: Filipe Bento, Chris Delis, Chris Hallberg, Anna Headley, Demian Katz, Tod Olson, Claas & André from Leipzig
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1031 - This ticket has been resolved; Demian has changed the default AT&T texting email address to use the multimedia version rather than the text version due to reports of better results.
- VUFIND-1038 - This ticket has been resolved; install.php now handles modules more intelligently.
- VUFIND-1040 - This ticket is now resolved; VuFind's web installer now handles remote MySQL servers correctly.
- VUFIND-1043, VUFIND-1045, VUFIND-1046, VUFIND-1047, VUFIND-1048, VUFIND-1049, VUFIND-1050, VUFIND-1051, VUFIND-1052, VUFIND-1053, VUFIND-1054, VUFIND-1055, VUFIND-1056, VUFIND-1057, VUFIND-1058 - This series of tickets covers the functionality of the new WorldCatDiscovery module (currently in progress in the wcdiscovery branch).
- VUFIND-1059 - This ticket reports a (now-fixed) bug: missing search history labels in bootstrap/bootstrap3 themes.
- VUFIND-1060 - This ticket reports some standards compliance issues in the OAI server; it was resolved by PRs #257 and #259.
- VUFIND-1061 - This ticket reports a (now-fixed) bug in the Aleph driver.
- VUFIND-1062 - This ticket suggests moving some of the no-hit spelling messages to a recommendation module for greater configurability.
- #234 - merged - minor style improvement
- #235 - merged - screen reader improvements to visual view
- #236 - merged - improvements to consortial support
- #237 - merged - DAIA driver improvements
- #238 - in progress - translation for language names; see also VUFIND-1044
- #240 - merged - improved set functionality for the OAI server
- #241 - merged - improvements to ILS driver capability checking
- #243 - merged - improvements to the OAI harvester (allow custom timeouts and on-the-fly record merging)
- #246 - in progress - record caching in the database (to allow favorites to persist indefinitely)
- #248 - merged - bug fix to hierarchy display code
- #252 - in progress - a record carousel tab
- #255 - in progress - enhancements to the UI for alphabrowse results.
- #256 - merged - French translation improvements.
- #257 - merged - added missing jquerymobile templates for MultiILS authentication.
- browse handler #11 - merged - improved browse handler Solr integration to reduce dependencies and increase compatibility
2. Development Planning
Demian has finished adjusting all existing authorization functionality in VuFind to use the new standard mechanism in pull request #209. This will likely be merged to master as soon as we raise the PHP version requirements to 5.4 (soon). Input on permission naming, configuration layout, etc., is still welcome.
Bootstrap(2) Theme Deprecation
The old bootstrap and bootprint themes have been removed in favor of the newer bootstrap3/bootprint3 themes. A legacy/bootstrap branch has been established to allow further development of the legacy themes if there turns out to be a need for this.
Call Number Normalization
Tod has recently posted some patches on the solrmarc-tech list. Anna and Tod are going to coordinate finishing up the work.
3. Next Call Date?
The next call is very close to the Christmas holiday. We discussed whether it was worth holding, given that many people may be on vacation. It was decided to skip 12/23 and have the next call on 1/6.
4. Other Topics?
None this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 10am Eastern Standard Time (15:00 GMT).