Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: January 6, 2015
Attending: Karen Coombs, Chris Delis, Chris Hallberg, Anna Headley, Demian Katz
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1018 - This ticket is resolved; VuFind now has a configurable option to activate bulk options (export/save/etc.) on all search results. This is off by default to keep the interface uncluttered.
- VUFIND-1064 - This ticket (now resolved) offers improved currency code configuration options in config.ini.
- VUFIND-1065 - This ticket tracks the issue that the export logic currently uses the same value as both a unique identifier for export formats AND the display label for those formats. We should probably separate the label from the ID for improved configurability/localization.
- #260 - merged - improvements to the OAI server
- #261 - merged - typo fix
- #264 - merged - translation updates
- #267 - merged - a simple alternate use for the hierarchy fields to track parent-child relationships.
- #269 - closed - apparently opened by accident
- #270 - merged - relaxed XML detection logic in MARC record driver
- #272 - merged - fixed some problems in the storage retrieval request forms
2. Development Planning
Call Number Normalization
Anna and Tod are actively working on the LC call number refactor for SolrMarc and are making good progress. Anna has worked on parsing, Tod on sort key algorithm. Core is in place, just a matter of filling in details and passing tests.
WorldCatDiscovery / OCLC Web Services Update
Karen provided a quick update on work integrating VuFind with various OCLC web services (in the wcdiscovery branch). She talked with Chris D. about the possibility of extracting generic NCIP logic from the NCIP-based ILS drivers for better sharing and abstraction. He favored a collaboration and suggested that now is a good time to do this, as he expects the XCNCIP2 code to be stable for the next month or so.
XCNCIP driver deprecation
During conversation, Chris expressed a desire for the removal of the old XCNCIP driver (as opposed to XCNCIP2). Demian offered to make this happen, as it had previously been discussed as acceptable to eliminate the obsolete version.
Anna has been working with Mark Triggs on a new version of the AlphaBrowse handler that returns a more detailed response to help with match highlighting, etc. (Mark has done the handler-side Java, Anna's working on the VuFind-side PHP). Work is coming along well and Anna will likely recommend a merge of Mark's work to master soon.
3. Other Topics?
Anna mentioned that her VuFind instance is now using RADIUS instead of Shibboleth for authentication.
The next call will be Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 10am Eastern Standard Time (15:00 GMT).