Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: May 26, 2015
Attending: Filipe Bento, Guenter Hipler, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, André Lahmann
1. Development Updates
- #372 - merged - Piwik improvements.
- #373 - merged - Demo ILS driver improvement.
- #374 - merged - Database adjustments to fully accommodate email addresses as usernames.
- #375 - merged - Bug fix to RSS feeds for advanced searches (included in 2.4.1)
- #376 - merged - Translation improvement.
- #377 - merged - Update to latest Bootstrap files in bootstrap3 theme.
- #378 - merged - Small enhancement to new “library cards” code.
- #380 - merged - Bug fix to new SolrMarcRemote logic.
- #382 - merged - Minor template correction (missing close tag).
- #383 - merged - Minor notice correction.
- #385 - in progress - Bug fixes to the EDS module.
- #386 - in progress - Improvements to the DSpace import XSLT.
The release went out on time; no problems reported yet.
The VuFind Wiki has been re-themed to take advantage of the latest modern Dokuwiki skin (and for closer alignment with the rest of vufind.org).
2. Development Planning
Call Number Normalization
Call number improvements are in production at UChicago; so far so good.
Tod still needs to do the port of new SolrMarc functionality into BeanShell when time permits.
Tod plans to follow up soon on browse normalization using NACO rules.
Improved Author Indexing
Demian posted some questions to solrmarc-tech and is still awaiting feedback.
André will share German author relator terms to help make the code more international-friendly.
There was some discussion about whether to keep the .ini file or add the relator list as an additional parameter in the marc.properties. Demian suggested that we could try offering both options: an optional parameter could be added to override the .ini file reading (for better performance) while the default behavior retains the .ini file reading (for better clarity). He will experiment with this possibility in the near future.
No news this week; still waiting on SolrMarc feedback.
VuFind Solutions GitHub
The new Foundation5 theme may be a good candidate for inclusion as a “VuFind Solution.” André and Claas are open to this possibility.
No news this week.
No news this week.
3. Other Topics?
No further topics this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).