Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: June 9, 2015
Attending: Chris Delis, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, André Lahmann, Jochen Lienhard, Tod Olson
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1094 - Pagination of checked out items has been fully implemented (though some cosmetic aspects of the experience could still be improved).
- VUFIND-1115 - This bug fix has been committed.
- VUFIND-1116 - This ticket proposes adding a “link to external ILL service” mechanism to the ILS driver spec, similar to the existing “link directly to native OPAC for holds” feature used when in-VuFind holds are not possible.
- VUFIND-1117 - This ticket pointed out an outdated wiki page; Demian has updated it.
- VUFIND-1118 - This ticket proposes carrying highlighting forward to the record view; Demian has commented with some suggestions on how this might be implemented but has no plans to work on it himself at this time due to its relatively high complexity.
- #387 - merged - A Symphony bug fix.
- #388 - in progress - This is a revised version of the Foundation5 theme, pinned to the release-2.4 branch.
- #389 - merged - German relator terms (merged into the improved author indexing PR).
- #390 - in progress - Improvement to the next/prev record links functionality in the context of the author module.
- #391 - merged - Relator term normalization logic (merged into the improved author indexing PR).
- #392 - merged - Refactoring to make OpenURL generation more flexible.
- #393 - in progress - Refactoring of hierarchy generation for improved performance.
- #394 - merged - Dutch translation improvements.
- #395 - merged - Added 'access' value to link resolver drivers for adding styling to content links.
- #396 - in progress - Adds configuration/listener to hide specific facet values.
- #397 - in progress - Refactoring of the code to determine when OpenURLs should be displayed (moving logic from record driver to view helper and adding greater configurability).
- #398 - in progress - New configuration setting to automatically load embedded OpenURLs instead of forcing user to click.
- #399 - in progress - Work on extracting relator information for creators in the improved author indexing PR.
- #400 - in progress - Fixes related to deduplication and “similar records” functionality.
2. Development Planning
Call Number Normalization
Tod has committed BeanShell versions of the new functions to the SolrMarc repo, so we'll get them into VuFind with the next SolrMarc release (or can load them earlier if there's any demand). Tod proposes that we can finally take this item off the agenda, as all work is now complete.
Improved Author Indexing
As discussed last time, Demian has adjusted the indexing routine to allow direct relator lists to be passed in as an alternative to .ini reading. Right now this is not very elegant (you must include at least two entries, with a colon separator, to override the .ini loading) but it serves as a proof of concept. Suggestions for a better interface are welcome.
Demian will follow up with Bob Haschart about the state of SolrMarc and newer Solr versions.
VuFind Solutions GitHub
Some discussion on strategies for maintaining the Foundation5 theme (master vs. release versions of the branch). Claas and André will discuss with their group and report back next time.
Demian is ready to merge PR #367 but is still hoping for feedback on naming/organization issues. If he doesn't hear anything by the end of the week, he will go ahead and merge.
No news this week.
No news this week.
3. Other Topics?
None this week.
The next call will be Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).