Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: August 4, 2015
Attending: Markus Beh, Judy Brink-Drescher, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Kristof Kessler, André Lahmann, Brad Patton, June Rayner
1. Development Updates
- No changes since last call.
- #420 - merged - This is a minor bug fix to the bootstrap3 lightbox.
- #422 - merged - This adds a third namespace for flash messages ('success') on top of the existing two ('info', 'error').
- #423 - merged - Typo fix in a template.
- #424 - merged - Removal of illegal element from bibtex exports.
- #425 - merged - Language file typo fixes.
- #426 - in progress - Updates to the DAIA ILS driver - Demian will merge in a week if no objections arise.
- #427 - merged - Progress on author indexing improvements PR.
- #429 - in progress - Latest Foundation5 theme
The OpenURL improvements discussed on the past call have been merged to master, which introduces some potentially backward-breaking changes (see notes in changelog).
2. Development Planning
Improved Author Indexing
André has made some progress on changing Sets to Lists in the indexing routines and collecting sample data for testing purposes.
The master branch has been updated to Solr 4.10.4. Please reindex data and report any problems. Demian will begin work on an experimental Solr 5 branch soon.
Release 2.5 Date
We decided on September 28th as the date for the next release. We will discuss the contents of this release in more detail on the next call.
3. VuFind Summit 2015
Part of the cost of the 2015 Summit will be covered by a generous donation from Agilent Technologies, Inc., a global company focused in the life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets.
The price of admission is set at $45 (a slight increase over last year, to shorten the gap with next year's price if we fail to receive corporate backing). Registration is now open here.
4. Other Topics?
Demian has written a blog post about automating some VuFind local template/configuration maintenance tasks.
Tod reports that his NACO browse normalizer is being tested by staff, subject specialists and catalogers. He expects to issue a pull request for vufind-browse-handler when the QA is done. UChicago will have this in production in time for their fall quarter.
The next call will be Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 10am Eastern Daylight Time (14:00 GMT).