Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: September 27, 2016
Attending: Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, André Lahmann, Jochen Lienhard, Ere Maijala
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-526 - This ticket requesting ReCaptcha support on user comments has been resolved.
- VUFIND-736 - This ticket discusses improving the security of password submission in non-SSL environments; since this cannot be absolutely guaranteed, it does not seem worth wasting effort on creating a false sense of security – ticket closed; SSL use should be recommended where relevant.
- VUFIND-756 - This discussion about unicode normalization during indexing does not appear to require further action; ticket closed.
- VUFIND-844 - It seems likely that the jquerymobile theme will be deprecated soon, so this ticket about upgrading it has been closed as a “won't fix.”
- VUFIND-870 - The asset pipeline has been implemented, so this has been closed.
- VUFIND-979 - This ticket about console routing has grown stale, and some improvements have been made, so it has been closed.
- VUFIND-1127 - This ticket on cookie consent seems to have reached a satisfactory conclusion and has been closed.
- VUFIND-1174 - This was more of a support request than an issue report; closed due to inactivity.
- VUFIND-1175 - This suggestion (store last “retain filter” setting in session storage) has been implemented.
- VUFIND-1182 - SolrMarc has been upgraded, so this has been closed.
- VUFIND-1199 - This ticket tracks possible enhancements to the recently-added geographic features.
- VUFIND-1200 - This ticket tracks the fact that full URLs included in the 'js' and 'css' keys of theme.config.php were not being processed correctly; the issue is fixed as of 3.1.
- VUFIND-1201 - This ticket tracks some cart bugs discovered in the 3.1 release (which appear to have been around for a while – only just noticed). Chris is working on fixes.
- VUFIND-1202 - This ticket tracks the fact that the new SolrMarc appears to have trouble with MARC-XML.
- #795 - merged - Minor MultiBackend ILS driver fix for ILL handling.
- #797 - merged - Bug fixes related to ReCaptcha and the AJAX embedded record view.
- #799 - merged - a new recommendation module for detecting DOI numbers in user searches and sending them to a resolver.
- #800 - merged - Fixed handling of the “noajax” class in tabs displayed as part of an AJAX-embedded record.
- #802 - in progress - proof of concept for using the “form” attribute of the input element to simplify markup and avoid nested forms. Requires some IE polyfill code.
- #805 - merged - minor KohaILSDI driver improvement.
- #806 - merged - minor translation consistency improvements.
- #807 - in progress - UI improvements to the date slider control.
- #808 - merged - bug fix to AJAX tab loading (bad URLs were generated when the VuFind path and server hostname overlapped).
The release went out on time. Please give it a try and report any problems. A few issues have already turned up, so expect a 3.1.1 release in about a month to resolve them.
2. Development Planning
- PR #659 has been merged.
- PR #757 has been merged.
- see PR #693 for progress
- No progress since last time – now that 3.1 is released we can put more time into this soon.
General Status Update
Chris discussed his proposed solution to the “double search box” problem. See this branch.
Chris also mentioned that ReCaptcha code has been significantly revised to better support multiple Captchas on the page (as of release 3.1).
Next ZF Version
Improved Use of Permissions
Improved Geographic Features
PR #722 has been merged. As noted above, a JIRA ticket has been opened to track possible future enhancements.
The new SolrMarc version has been merged to master and is included in release 3.1. This is already making indexing development work much more straightforward and agile.
No news, except that some fixes to processing of eDismax queries have been merged to master (and included in release 3.1) thanks to investigations at the National Library of Finland.
3. Institutional Home
Investigations are ongoing; currently getting cost estimates for the necessary support services.
4. VuFind Summit 2016
The talk schedule is nearly finalized. Registration closes at the end of the week.
5. Next Call Date
Because of the VuFind Summit, the regularly scheduled October 11 developers call will be canceled. Calls will resume on October 25.
6. Other Topics?
None this time.
The next call will be Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).