Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: August 29, 2017
Attending: Leila Gonzales, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Jochen Lienhard, Tod Olson
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1240 - This is a ticket to track discussion of refactoring of the record driver hierarchy (a possible goal for VuFind 5.0, to be discussed at the Summit).
- VUFIND-1241 - This is a ticket to track discussion of the idea of pluggable content modules for search home pages to replace the current hard-coded facet display.
- VUFIND-1242 - This ticket tracks a bug related to ILS drivers that require a link to a native OPAC to place holds (rather than VuFind's built-in support). The problem is fixed as of release 4.0.1.
- VUFIND-1243 - This was a support request; no action is needed.
- #1015 - merged - Minor fix to Voyager ILS drivers.
- #1016 - in progress - A new version of the KohaRest ILS driver.
- #1017 - in progress - A new SierraRest ILS driver to take advantage of Sierra's APIs (in place of direct database access).
- #1018 - in progress - Refactoring of search history handling for improved flexibility.
- #1019 - in progress - New option to display alphabrowse options as part of the main search drop-down; should be ready to merge if no one objects.
- #1021 - merged - KohaILSDI bug fixes.
- #1023 - in progress - This PR proposes turning on some facet translation by default when translations are available. Note that this may not be desirable due to certain side effects of facet translation (like unpredictable sort order).
Released on time.
2. Development Planning
Image Metadata API
Modularization and Theme Mixins
The mix-in functionality has been merged to master. It will be included in release 4.1.
Improved Use of Permissions
Demian has spent significant time bringing #608 up to date and polishing it; it should be ready to merged soon. Please review and comment now if you have opinions about configurable support for denied permission behavior.
Wiki Documentation Improvements?
For now, we are sticking with the wiki as the primary source of documentation.
Front End Updates
Chris has just returned from vacation; more progress should be made in the coming month.
Browse Handler Optimizations
Tod has continued work on this project. See the pull request for discussion and progress.
3. VuFind Summit 2017
We're working on the registration form now.
4. Institutional Home
5. Other Topics?
None this time.
The next call will be Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).