Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: November 7, 2017
Attending: Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Jochen Lienhard
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1253 - VuFind 4.1 contains a bug which causes redundant display of favorite status under certain circumstances; this ticket tracks a fix which will be included in 4.1.1.
- #1062 - merged - Improvements to checkCapability calls on the MyResearch menu.
- #1063 - merged - php-cs-fixer configuration for templates
- #1064 - merged - Koha ILS driver improvement
- #1065 - in progress - Refactoring of record driver hierarchy.
- #1067 - in progress - Work in progress on ServiceManager v3 upgrade.
2. Development Planning
4.1.1 Release Date
Demian proposed a November 20 release date. No objections.
5.0 Roadmap Progress
Demian has been working on two major areas discussed during roadmapping:
Record Driver Hierarchy Refactoring
Demian has finished an initial refactor (see PR list above). He will merge this week unless anyone objects.
ServiceManager v3 Upgrade
Progress is being made on upgrading to the new Zend ServiceManager. This introduces significant backward compatibility breaks, but the new version makes the code significantly easier to understand thanks to some key changes (most notably changing the way the ServiceManager is passed to plugin factories).
Code Style Tools
As noted above, code style checks are now being applied to templates as well as core code. This has caused some recent churn in GitHub, but things should stabilize from here.
Image Metadata API
Front End Updates
Browse Handler Optimizations
3. Institutional Home
4. Other Topics?
Nothing this time.
The next call will be Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 9am Eastern Standard Time (14:00 GMT).