Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: February 27, 2018
Attending: Matthias Edel, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Jan Maas, Johannes Schultze
1. Development Updates
No new JIRA activity.
- #1117 - merged - Bug fix to OAI-PMH server code (related to ZF ServiceManager 3 refactoring)
- #1119 - merged - Support for new parameter to disable post-login redirect at MyResearch/Home (allowing links to MyResearch/Home that will land there instead of bouncing elsewhere).
- #1120 - merged - Small bug fix to Collections list interface.
- #1121 - merged - Translation improvement.
- #1122 - merged - Minor fix to recent “reply-to” mailer enhancements (which have also been merged).
- #1123 - in progress - Proposed changes to Voyager driver.
- #1124 - in progress - Updating minimum PHP version to 7.
- #1125 - merged - Fix for v2 ServiceManager behavior (will be included in next 4.1.x release; not needed in master since SM v3 works right).
- #1126 - in progress - Avoid creating empty labels (which cause accessibility errors/warnings).
2. Development Planning
5.0 Roadmap Progress
ServiceManager v3 Upgrade
A few small issues related to case-sensitive view helper service names have been corrected; other than that, no problems so far!
Demian has resolved the configuration deprecations in the solr7 branch and upgraded to the new 7.2.1 release, and all tests seem to be passing. The main areas of change were related to synonyms, word delimiters and trie data fields (which have been replaced with point fields). Simple testing of these features suggests that the new forms work correctly, but deeper testing would be helpful. Demian will wait for further feedback before merging to master.
Demian has established a branch to work on raising the PHP version requirement. The bulk of this work will involve updating to newer versions of dependencies and ensuring ongoing compatibility. In preparation for this work, he has updated composer.json dependency versions in master to account for new releases of ZF components and other tools.
Priority suggestions from the roadmap are welcome.
Front End Updates
No major progress.
Browse Handler Optimizations
No news. We may need to determine how to coordinate this work with the Solr 7 browse handler changes.
Leila's open pull requests have been merged (most recently, support for different base map tile sets).
3. Institutional Home
4. Other Topics?
The Beluga team is working on a new feature that will allow a single index to be configured to use multiple record drivers in different contexts. They will submit a pull request soon to allow further discussion of this work.
The next call will be Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).