Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: December 4, 2018
Attending: Markus Beh, Leila Gonzales, Demian Katz, Ere Maijala, Frank Morgner, Mohan Pradhan
1. Development Updates
- VUFIND-1314 - this ticket is to capture discussion about the idea of using SolrJ instead of direct index access for querying within the browse handler.
- VUFIND-1315 - this ticket reported a Vagrant problem; a fix has been found and will be included in release 5.1.
- VUFIND-1316 - this ticket is home to discussion about how shards are handled in the Solr search backend.
- #1265 - in progress - Proposal to relocate “active filters” control.
- #1266 - merged - Hierarchy linking bug fix.
- #1268 - in progress - Paging support for getMyTransactions.
- #1269 - merged - Minor login workflow fix.
- #1270 - in progress - Proposed improvements to Collection tab.
- #1272 - merged - Duplicate code removal.
- #1276 - merged - Generic OpenURL resolver driver for more uniform behavior.
- #1277 - merged - Timestamp image links to prevent unwanted caching.
- #1278 - merged - Vagrant fixes.
- #1279 - merged - Prevent cookie logic from running on CLI.
- #1281 - merged - Eliminate VUFIND_PHPUNIT_RUNNING constant for cleaner code.
- #1282 - merged - SolrMarc 3.2. upgrade
- #1283 - in progress - Adjustments to the way SideFacets displays checkbox facets (to make multiple instances of SideFacets on the same page work correctly).
- #1284 - merged - BrowZine cover loader.
VuFind 5.1 Release Date
With the release of SolrMarc 3.2 and the completion of most of our open tickets, it seems realistic to schedule a VuFind 5.1 release for early in the new year. Demian proposed February 4, 2019, to allow time over January to finish open issues and collect translation strings.
2. Development Planning
ILS Support Updates
Browse Handler Optimizations
Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
Demian has not had time to work on this any further; we will try to have a longer discussion at the next meeting.
5.1 / 6.0 Roadmapping
Demian and Chris still need to find time to do a comprehensive update of the project board, but Demian has been focusing on cleaning up outstanding 5.1 issues so we can make a release – more work can be done once that slate is cleared.
3. Other Topics?
The next call will be Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 9am Eastern Standard Time (14:00 GMT).