Table of Contents
VuFind Developers Call Minutes: June 19, 2018
Attending: Leila Gonzales, Chris Hallberg, Demian Katz, Claas Kazzer, Kristof Kessler, Jochen Lienhard, Ere Maijala, Johannes Schultze, SUB Hamburg Team
1. Development Updates
- #1192 - merged - Translation updates
- #1193 - merged - Piwik behavior improvements for dynamic record loading
- #1194 - merged - Facet-related improvements/fixes
- #1197 - in progress - Object-oriented refactoring of item status handling code
- #1198 - merged - More flexible loading of facet configuration
- #1199 - merged - Better error reporting in library card functionality
- #1200 - merged - Support for encrypted session data
- #1201 - merged - Bug fix to AJAX handlers
- #1202 - merged - Avoid duplicate theme initialization
- #1205 - in progress - New ILS feature to display last pickup date for available holds (with SierraRest support only, at present)
- #1206 - merged - Improvements to the EDS code (better style/naming/organization)
- #1207 - merged - Minor code style fix
- #1208 - merged - Improvements to EZProxy ticket authentication
The release went out on time, in spite of some difficulties related to a zend-servicemanager bug.
2. Development Planning
5.0 Roadmap Progress
The code freeze on master is now in effect, apart from bug fixes and outstanding work on Alma/FOLIO ILS drivers. Demian will create a release-5.0 branch if there is a need to merge new features to master after this week.
Front End Updates
Some facet template changes occurred recently. Chris and Demian will review outstanding front end pull requests to see if anything can go into master.
Browser Support Policy?
Demian added a short note to the requirements page in the wiki.
ILS Support Updates
Alma code is about ready to merge, pending some final testing.
FOLIO is still waiting on progress in the project itself and may or may not be ready in time for 5.0.
Browse Handler Optimizations
Piwik, the lightbox, and tabs/accordion functionality
This issue is now resolved.
3. Institutional Home
No news, though discussions are ongoing.
4. VuFind Summit 2018
A call for presentations and registration link are being prepared.
5. Other Topics?
National Library of Finland has successfully updated their instance to master.
Ere requested better support for MyResearch methods through the lightbox. There was some discussion about whether, for example, “Checked Out Items” can be successfully displayed in a lightbox using current existing code. Demian thought it should be workable but Ere reported having trouble making it work. Further testing/investigation is needed.
Ere also asked whether switching the new encrypted session feature on or off would effect existing users. Demian reported that it will not cause any error messages, but it will require users to re-establish their sessions; in other words, if you are logged in, and the session encryption setting changes in config.ini, you will be immediately logged out and will need to log in again.
The next call will be Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 9am Eastern Daylight Time (13:00 GMT).