Warning: This page has not been updated in over over a year and may be outdated or deprecated.
This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
This page provides information on VuFind's overall design, including big-picture design discussions as well as explanations of nitty-gritty details.
These specifications should be useful to most VuFind developers and will help with an understanding of the overall system:
- Authorization - Information on how VuFind handles user authorization.
- Caching - Notes on VuFind's use of caching.
- Customizing VuFind - How to change VuFind's behavior.
- Data Model / Key Concepts - Key ideas in the VuFind 2.x+ architecture.
- Record Driver Method Master List - A reference to get methods used by record drivers.
- Lightbox Functionality (Bootstrap themes)
See also the plugins page for details on how to extend various aspects of VuFind's functionality.
These notes are of less general interest but will be useful when the referenced subsystems are being worked upon:
- Advanced Search Templates - Notes on how the advanced search UI operates in VuFind 2.4.1 and newer.
- LESS - Notes on how the bootstrap3 / bootprint3 themes use LESS to generate CSS
Background Information and Commentary
- Why VuFind 2.0? - Some of the reasons we moved away from the VuFind 1.x design.
- Zend Framework - Information about the framework used in VuFind 2.x and later.
development/architecture.1545226689.txt.gz · Last modified: 2018/12/19 13:38 by demiankatz