Warning: This page has not been updated in over over a year and may be outdated or deprecated.
Table of Contents
VuFind, and the Laminas components that it is built upon, feature integration points for a variety of plugins. The General Plugin Information page describes general principles for building plugins. The list below offers specifics for each type of plugin.
- AJAX Handlers - AJAX actions accessible through the AjaxController
- Authentication Handlers - Custom login functionality
- Autosuggesters - Sources for autocomplete suggestions
- CAPTCHA Handlers - Methods of providing CAPTCHA functionality
- Channel Providers - Sources for Channeled Browse suggestions
- Content Blocks - Arbitrary embeddable content (usually used on home pages)
- Content Provider Components - Loading third-party content (covers, reviews, etc.)
- Cover Layers - Used for dynamically rendering cover images
- Database Gateways - Interfacing with database tables and rows
- DOI Linkers - Used for looking up links based on DOIs
- Fallback Record Loaders - Search backend-specific helpers for loading records when normal retrieval fails
- Form Handlers - Used for persisting data from user-submitted feedback forms
- Hierarchy Components - Support tools for hierarchies and collections
- ILS Drivers - Interfacing with integrated library systems
- Link Resolver Drivers - Interfacing with OpenURL resolvers for embedded results
- Permission Providers - Permission providers are part of VuFind's authorization mechanism.
- Recommendation Modules - Providing context-sensitive suggestions in search results
- Record Drivers - Representing metadata in an object format recognized by VuFind
- Record Tabs - Objects representing tabs on the record view page
- Related Records Modules - Providing context-sensitive suggestions in record views
- Search Objects - Representing different aspects of searches
- Session Handlers - Custom PHP session storage mechanisms
- Sitemap Generators - Generators for additional sitemap files
- Statistics Drivers - Modules for gathering search/record view statistics (obsolete as of VuFind 4.0)
See also the Connecting a New External Data Source page, which discusses VuFind's various search-related plugins and how to connect new search types.
- Controllers - Adding functionality to the overall VuFind web application.
- View Helpers - Adding convenience methods to your view templates.
development/plugins.txt · Last modified: 2022/07/12 16:52 by demiankatz